Performance Mods

Steved

• 6 months later...
On 3/18/2019 at 12:16 PM, jkeaton said:

You won't find any. There is no aftermarket performance support for these vehicles. You can replace the mufflers with performance ones for better sound. 

Um let's see, 2018 crossroad 3.6L and I have a "cold air intake" on mine. It's not made specific for the journey but I found one that works perfect, been on for nearly 500miles and no check engine lights. Slight improvement on mpg and big gain on throttle response, and the noise it make at 5k rpm is quite loud but I absolutely love it! Also chirps the tires going into 2nd gear at full throttle!!

20190826_064424.jpg

Edited by AzJourney2018

• 7 months later...
50 minutes ago, wpginterceptor said:

if you do a lot of highway then use taller tires.. IE: if your stock is 16 then run 17-18's! that will help highway mileage

not true....it will throw off how fast you are really traveling. my journey came with 225 55 19 tires and i use 235 55 19 so when my journey says i am going 70 mph my Garmin will show me traveling 71 mph  due to the tire size difference and also i would assume throw off my mpg that the journey says i am getting as the OEM tires would turn   702 revs/mile  while the bigger size would turn 692 revs/mile,,,,,,,,,,,,,

How a Change in Tire Size Affects Speedometer Accuracy

When you change out your tires and wheels for a larger wheel, you always want to respect the overall diameter (OD) of the original tire. A lower profile tire must be placed on a larger wheel to keep the OD close to the same as the tire/wheel combination being replaced. You certainly never more than a 5% difference in OD to the original tire. Too large a variation could impact the gearing and correct operation of the vehicle. Also, any change in the tire OD will give you a false reading of speed and distance on your odometer.

When your vehicle was new, the speedometer was calibrated by the factory according to the exact size of the intended tires. If you change to a taller tire, the circumference of the tire will also be greater. What this means is one rotation of the tire will take you further on your new tires than on your old tires. If the speedometer was never re-calibrated with the new tires, it will register a slower speed than you are travelling. For example, if your tire was 3% taller (still within approved guidelines for plus fitments) the gearing and operation of the vehicle would be fine, however your speedometer would show 60 mph, when in fact you are traveling 63.3 mph.

12 hours ago, wpginterceptor said:

!yes the speedo calibration will be out but you will get better fuel economy! if speed limit is 60 MPH.. then when you put taller tires on, run 57 MPH which will be 60

Whats the mileage difference between driving 57 MPH and 60 MPH?

to each his own..................here is a google answer.................

Do larger tires get better gas mileage? The short answer is, no. Though, the real answer is a bit more complicated than a simple yes or no answer. The truth is that in many instances larger tires will not  increase a vehicle’s fuel efficiency; however, there are many aspects of tires that can contribute a vehicle’s gas mileage apart from the tire’s size. One of the reasons that larger tires will not lead to an increase in a car’s gas mileage is because they are heavier than smaller tires – every extra pound will, in essence, decrease a vehicle’s fuel efficiency. Larger tires will not increase a vehicle’s fuel economy because larger tires generally have a high rolling resistance, which refers to the amount of force required to move a tire from a resting position. And the wider the tire the higher the rolling resistance is and the harder the engine has to work to move the tire, thus decreasing the car’s fuel efficiency.

In reality, you really shouldn’t worry though about decreased fuel economy if you have or are planning to outfit your vehicle with larger tires. In most cases, the drop in fuel efficiency that someone might experience by outfitting their vehicle with larger tires is usually too small for the average person to notice.  In April 2010, Car and Driver conducted a thorough test on a new Volkswagen Golf 2.5 to see how much of an impact larger tires had on the vehicle’s fuel efficiency. The Volkswagen Golf 2.5, which has a factory tire size of 15 x 6.0 inches was tested with tires as large as  19 x8.5 inches in the Car and Driver test. With the standard 15 x 6.0 in tires the Volkswagen Golf 2.5 was rated with a fuel economy of 23.3 miles per gallon (MPG) in the Car and Driver test. When the Volkswagen was equipped with 19 x 8.5 inch tires the fuel economy dropped to only 21.1 MPG – that’s less than a 10% decrease in fuel economy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The 3.6 responds well to intake and exhaust mods, especially exhaust but the single pipe limits how much you can do. Larger diameter will help. The lower intake can be repleced with a ported unit and 80mm throttle bodies are available. A tune helps bring all these together but you'll need to run 91 octane or higher to get full benefit.

Most of this stuff wont change puttering around much but over 4k rpm it will really wake up.

• 2 months later...

BTW, there are little to no mods made specifically for my 2013 200s either but the K&N Typhoon kit for the same year Dodge Avenger bolted right on with zero problems. I suspect that kit might work just as well for the Journey. Also modernmusclextreme.com carries larger TBs and ported intakes, along with tuning pkgs for the 3.6

• 10 months later...
On 2019-09-29 at 4:03 AM, AzJourney2018 said:

Um let's see, 2018 crossroad 3.6L and I have a "cold air intake" on mine. It's not made specific for the journey but I found one that works perfect, been on for nearly 500miles and no check engine lights. Slight improvement on mpg and big gain on throttle response, and the noise it make at 5k rpm is quite loud but I absolutely love it! Also chirps the tires going into 2nd gear at full throttle!!

20190826_064424.jpg

Where did you get one that fits ?