CEL....no code reader

I got a CEL light in  -26 degrees weather

Went away when temp went to -10 C.

engine has been running "throatier" at idle (does not show when you step on gas) for sometime.

I wonder will some sort of sensor do this? I dont want to go get code read and spend $$$...

It doesn’t cost to have the code read at most auto parts stores, if that’s what you meant.  

If if you meant you didn’t want the code read because you don’t want to spend money to fix it, then ignore it, have the car crap out, then complain about how Dodge sucks.

Cars cost money to keep running, fact of owning one.

On 1/23/2019 at 3:39 PM, OhareFred said:

It doesn’t cost to have the code read at most auto parts stores, if that’s what you meant.  

If if you meant you didn’t want the code read because you don’t want to spend money to fix it, then ignore it, have the car crap out, then complain about how Dodge sucks.

Cars cost money to keep running, fact of owning one.

I want to get it fixed and will, I just wondered if I could get the code read for free lolz.

The light is now off which is odd to me, cause the exhaust noise is still there. A little throatier at idle and does not increase with throttle. the whole thing is just odd

turns out it was an "exhaust related code'. that exhaust pipe just behind the bumper had its bolts rusted right off and was allowing some fumes to escape, triggering the code. A couple new bolts and boom. quiet truck again. Anyone else had this happen?