Looking to add remote start.

Have keyless entry/start at the moment.

Would like to add remote start.

Needs to be as plug and play as possible. Minor wiring is okay. Very minor. Prefer oem key fobs.

Something like this would be great but I have a 2011.

Anyone with experience willing to point me in the right direction?

• 3 months later...

The OEM system isn't hard to install, it has a new RF unit and a small module and you need the new remotes programmed and the system activated by a dealer. Kit is around 250.00 direct from Dodge

https://moparonlineparts.com/dodge-journey-remote-starter-p-6014.html

Edited by Doorbreaker
added info

• 8 months later...

I have a 2015 and was very interested in doing the DIY add-on install!  LOL!  I purchased the OEM remote start on eBay.  It was $150.00  brand new, (others ran about $242. - $250.  I followed the instructions on the included CD to the point of switching the RF hub wires.  There is a big warning not to do this until the dealer loads the sales code onto your VIN before they flash your car.  I also didn't plug it in knowing it would probably not read the fobik's and the car would not start.

I made an appt at the local dealership to flash my computer with the XBM code for a remote starter.  They wanted to charge a few hours of labor to install the system and another hour to flash it.  A total of three hours. I was able to have them flash the car and switch the RF hub for an hours labor. ($150.00)  They also programmed the non-remote start fobs for no extra charge.  

Basically, if you have the time with about 25-30  minutes to drop the headliner, install the antenna, drop the RF hub down for the dealer to switch it out;  then no more than 20 minutes to reinstall all the fixtures after the dealer flashes the car.  You will have a Remote start installed in your DJ!

I did notice the dealership technician was a bit confused on which code to upload.  He asked me if I had the install sheet because he wanted to load the dealer code. He mentioned that there were so many variations and he thought it was GKM or GBM.  I asked him to look up XBM. They found it and flashed the computer.  I did ask if the elusive LDK showed up for the DRL's, but they did not see it.

At the end of the visit, I now have the remote start feature and with the heat starting to kick up, the pre-chill feels very good before driving.