window washer problem

mechanical-idiot

So, I took some time today to open the engine bonnett and look at the hoses.  One is broken off completely and the other is cracked and hanging on by a couple of threads.  This is the problem!  They worked fine until we had the vehicle undercoated.  I suspect that the undercoater stuck his wand in these holes, since they are full of undercoating, and broke off the nozzles.  I can't be bothered fighting with him about it since I have ordered two new ones and they seem easy to replace.

I didn't get around to opening the bonnet until today because it has been -19 degrees celcius here etc  for the past week.  It went up to 0 celcius today (melting point), so I bravely sauntered out to the Journey to do my physical inspection.  Unfortunately, we are now being hit with a weather bomb and getting up to 25 cm (3/4 of a foot) of blowing snow and 100km winds.  Oh the joy of living in Canada!

Hope all of you are well.

Thanks for the help above.

Mechanical-idiot

If you think heat makes plastic brittle, just watch what cold does to it!

I was at a football game on New Years Eve, the team handed out plastic "2018" light up glasses.  I tried to open mine, but one of the arms popped out.  I tried putting it back in, but the mount point on the frame snapped off.  Oh, and the kickoff temperature was 19 F with a wind chill in the mid single digits at 4:30 PM in Baltimore.  It was cold.

I replaced the washers on the weekend, and it was as easy as can be.  Idiot proof!  Everything works like it should now.

Still loving the Journey.  We did a 770 Km trip with it this weekend, and I want to turn around and do it again!  I need to get a travelling salesman job.

I read somewhere on the forum where someone said that the Journey rides like it's on rails!  They were correct.  What a machine!  Thanks Dodge!

mechanical-idiot