Rear Bumper Pad Protector

The bumper protector arrived today. You were exactly right about the change in the bevel. It's close, but it doesn't quite fit. I guess I'll have to wait for Sherwood to get the new version. It's really too bad because it's an awesome product with perfect coverage.

If anyone with a 09 or 10 wants to buy it, let me know.

Edited by generaltso

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Hello,

I have a 2013 Dodge Journey. We bought it a week ago. I was looking for a Rear Bumper Pad/Protector/Cover of some kind. I am certian I will scratch the shiney new paint if I don't get something. I stubled across this feed in search for a product. I have tried some of these links or pages from the previous post and they either are not working or are for older model years.

Any information would help to find a supplier or manufacturer because I am not having any luck on my own. Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

WARNING!

I purchased a rear bumper guard in BLACK from RPG at w w w (dot) rearpaintguards (dot) com

The product fit perfect but the black was a RUBBER paint, and all the dust stuck to it.

No worries.. I can wipe it down... (I thought)

NOT... the next day, all the ridges started to peel up. The unit was a SILVER one they sprayed with black rubber paint, like that stuff they put on a screen door in the bottom of a boat and it floats..(as seen on tv).

It alllllll peeled off.. Just rubbed off... big rubber sheets that were stretchy.

Now I have a perfect silver unit (that was painted) on my Journey and have no idea how to get the 3M tape off without destroying the bumper.

I paid $132 for the product, it fit nice.. but the paint was total garbage.

How can this protect your paint, if the paint on it just rolls off?

AVOID...AVOID... AVOID...

Company did not reply, I am TRYING to get paypal to dispute, as the website showed nice BLACK PLASTIC units ( not painted ones... as the underside of mine was silver... and the web showed the undersides as black.)

The paypal charge was from another company in Korea.

Here are some photos and a video I made and put on a website..

http://dudinsky.wix.com/avoid-rpg

A dog, sitting on the unit and tying your shoes will rub off this rubber paint stuff (and be all over you and your dog)

NOTE: The paypal bill was from some Korean website, NOT the one I bought from.

Look at the one I got.

I bought one for $132 at RearPaintGuards (dot) com

It was ordered in black, and then PEELED off within 24 hrs.... AFTER installing it..

See the proof.. don't buy form them.

The PayPal bill was from Korea.. not the location of the shop.

The unit was silver... sprayed with black rubber.. that all rolled off...

Check out my photos

http://dudinsky.wix.com/avoid-rpg

I complained.. asked how to take it off.. they went on about it should not fall off.

I don't want a 1/2 silver 1/2 black unit on my car.. its not falling off.. I WANT IT OFF!!!

(Ok.. more like 99% silver now.. almost all the black is off except in the corners and under the rubber door trim)

• 2 years later...

I looked at these shortly after purchasing my DJ. I decided instead of paying for something to stick on and hope it works I'd try plastidip since I had a few cans sitting around. For $6 and about a half hour to an hour of time the plastidip has held strong for about 9 months now. Even with multiple dogs jumping in and out.

The black plastidip is pretty subtle with the granite crystal, not to mention the fact that it's dirty hahapost-10704-0-28475200-1448057931_thumb.j

I didn't expect it to last this long, specially since I didn't do a super thick coating. I also used frog tape which is why the edges look a little serrated. I didn't want to peal it just so I could see how long it could last... And it's still not pealing at all

I looked at these shortly after purchasing my DJ. I decided instead of paying for something to stick on and hope it works I'd try plastidip since I had a few cans sitting around. For $6 and about a half hour to an hour of time the plastidip has held strong for about 9 months now. Even with multiple dogs jumping in and out.

I have been meaning to do this since I bought the DJ, but was unsure if it would hold up to the dog... I guess now I will just spend the 30 minutes and get it done. Thanks.

The black plastidip is pretty subtle with the granite crystal, not to mention the fact that it's dirty hahaattachicon.gif_20151120_161811.JPG

I didn't expect it to last this long, specially since I didn't do a super thick coating. I also used frog tape which is why the edges look a little serrated. I didn't want to peal it just so I could see how long it could last... And it's still not pealing at all

Make sure when taping a line with dip that the first coats are lighter towards the edges and that the last coat is very wet and overlaps the tape well. You then need to peel the tape while the dip is wet. You will get a nice crisp line that way.

Also do not use frog tape it gels on the edges and gives poor lines. Regular blue painters tape is best

Worked great for taping lines on my two-tone stained cornhole boards though. I wasn't very confident that it would work, but I ended up with very crisp lines staining wood with two different shades.