Windshield Washer Won't Work

I filled the washer fluid (it was still 1/4 full) and push in the end of the wiper lever and the wipers operate but no fluid. Is there a quick fix for this or do I have find time to take it to the dealer? It worked before. I have 1500 hundred miles on the vehicle. Thanks!

I filled the washer fluid (it was still 1/4 full) and push in the end of the wiper lever and the wipers operate but no fluid. Is there a quick fix for this or do I have find time to take it to the dealer? It worked before. I have 1500 hundred miles on the vehicle. Thanks!

Open the hood and have someone actuate washer the hose may have

become disconnected and you'll see washer squirting out , simple reconnect.

Does the rear still work?

If you can hear the pump running then a hose came disconnected somewhere. I've had two little issues with mine, first the passenger side nozzle broke so it was spraying fluid all inside the engine bay. I super glued that to fix it. Later on, the stiff plastic hose broke on the driver side. Slipped a little rubber hose over the broken connections to get it running again.

Yay! The hose was disconnected! Great idea to have one of us in the car, pressing on the button and the other under the hood, watching the fluid dripping down. Kind of a chintzy hose. It wouldn't stay together. No threads, catch or other fastener. So we resorted to tape for now. Wonder what made it fall off. You'd think with 1500 miles in town driving and no potholes, it wouldn't be an issue, but who knows. The hose does seem a bit short where it meets. Thanks again for the help and quick response!

Have the dealer replace it. Shouldn't take longer than half an hour. When my fluid sensor in the washer system disintegrated, I was in and out within half an hour. Just call ahead, tell them the hose on the bottle failed and needs to be replaced (and you've already confirmed this, no diagnosis needed), and set a time and day to come in. Any competent dealer will be ready for you. Common parts they normally have in stock.

I'm also a little surprised that at 1500 miles the hose failed. I have over 15,500 on mine with no hose failure, in spite of 15,000 being on Michigan's sad excuse for paved roads and going through a nasty winter. But, then I'm also surprised that my fluid sensor failed before 13,000 miles (apparently the solvents in RainX dissolve the sensors that Dodge switched to sometime after my 07 Charger and 02 Special were made... both of which handle RainX just fine).

• 2 years later...

well my front windshield squirts  not working but the rear is thought it was froze up but i have the right fluid in there it it is only 25 degrees so i pop the hood and reach in and hit the squirter button and the hose is broke right at the end of the hood where it then makes a u turn going back towards the front and up to the squirt broke right at the u bend also they used a plastic tube hose cant believe they are that dam cheap. went and got a 5/32 rubber tube hose had to buy 6 ft as orileys only sells it in a package about $3.60 for the packet,  cut about a foot of it and moisten the end and slid it over the plastic tube nice tight fit and then did the other end and then zip tied the hose to the old hose connectors clips as the new tube wouldn't fit thur the connectors....everything working great again...   oh well thats life..

Edited by 2late4u