Why you SHOULDN'T own chrome rims (pics)

black2011

Just installed a new Bra on Saturday, for our road trip on Monday, so thought I would take a picture. Little did I know it would be the last one of my rims! I went to walk my dogs on Sunday morning and came out to this. So little to say that our road trip has been postponed. I live in a nice area in Scottsdale AZ, and the sherriff who came out said he had never heard of this being reported in this district ever! The dogs have officially been banned from the bed at night, and relocated to the front room :)

post-6145-0-37920500-1351047331_thumb.jp

post-6145-0-72210800-1351047337_thumb.jp

Hmmm...Got a set of locking lugs with my purchase but never installed them...This is a good incentive, even though we live in a relatively quiet area.

Mine were installed automatically, and I was just given the lug key during pick up.

Did I get ripped 4 standard lugs?

Wow, that sucks.

I'm feeling fortunate that mine came new with locking lugs from the dealer.

Ya... that really sucks. The size of some people's balls!!! Our 2012 SXT came with locking lugs on the truck as well as a new pack in the back with the trailer tow package bag. Hope your insurance company takes good care of you. Cheers. PS: The bra looks great. Edited by Rubberdude88

• 1 month later...

Wow, Black, sorry to see that. Happened to me back in 1989 with a 84 Rabbit GTI. Came out in the morning, wheels gone, car on blocks. Should have had locking lug nuts. Hard to believe no one ever sees this stuff taking place.

Maybe invest in a security cam too?

This is so true, you know the amount of time required to so something like this.