uconnect incoming call help

i just bought a 2013 journey se plus it has uconnect with bluetooth i can call out no problem but when i receive incoming calls i cant hear who is calling me but they can hear me no problem not sure what is wrong cant find anything in the manual. my phone is an lg g3 with android 6.0 if that makes any difference

Try what bigtsr is suggesting. It may not work as bram has a point. There is a chance the volume settings are different for incoming calls vs outgoing calls. Have someone call you and play with the volume. If that doesn't work, do what you should always do and disconnect the battery for 10-20 minutes. That may reset everything and solve this problem.

Peace.

Well that is what the "volume control" is for for "incoming calls".

Outgoing is a product of your speaking voice , ambient in car noise

and microphone placement.

"i cant hear who is calling me but they can hear me" is what was posted.

But only for calls that he makes, not for calls he receives . . . . and the volume control is common to both processes.

I have that same problem. Sometimes it takes like 20 seconds to finally hear them or i have to press the transfer back to phone then transfrer it back to the car and i can hear right away

• 3 months later...

I've had the exact same problem since I changed to a Samsung Galaxy S5. It's been to the dealer about 4-5 times. Their final answer: it's incompatible software and there's nothing we can do.

Gee, that's great, thanks!

I've been so turned off by this experience that I haven't ever used the system for music, voice command, etc.

On the other hand, over the summer I rented a new Durango and everything worked perfectly with both my S5 and my wife's LG.

Interesting . . . . I use an S7 these days, but had an S5 (which at the time was running Lollipop) before and neither exhibited any such issues, though the S5 has since been updated to Marshmallow (Androiid 6) and has not been tried since that happened.  If I actually remember tomorrow maybe I'll get out an adapter, move the SIM over and power up the S5 to see if it works - and if it works for my vehicle it ought to work for yours.

My S7 does the same thing, about 90% of the time.  Answer the phone, hit transfer twice to send it to the phone and bring it back to the radio.

Incompatible software is not an excuse - that just means you need to put a developer on it and fix it.  And new software versions need to come out annually OR FASTER.  Correct the few lines of code you need to, then make an update available for the radio.  This is not that complicated.

I've been to the dealer for Bluetooth audio issues (to the point where I can't have a conversation), but their testing reports no issues (even though I was ON THE PHONE with the service advisor when it was happening).  Transferring the call back to my phone and putting it on speaker, no audio issues.  Transfer it back to the radio - garbled nonsense.  I cannot determine what causes the issue to occur - it appears to happen randomly and will continue until the car sits off for a few minutes.

The incoming call automatically transferring to the phone is almost universal.  I have another phone (iPhone 6s) I can test it with.  That doesn't change the fact that the radio needs to have the software updated periodically to deal with newer phones that are released every 6 months.

DodgeCares - are you hearing this?  Software cannot be left alone.  It MUST be updated as new devices are made available.  Even within the short 3 year period of your factory warranty, most people will go through at least one phone upgrade cycle.  If they own the vehicle for 5-8 years, that bumps the phone upgrade cycle to 3 or 4 new phones through the life of the vehicle.  Are you telling me that the radio will never be updated?  I'm certainly not buying a new car ever time I buy a new cell phone.  I also don't have to buy a new computer or remote speakers every time I buy a new phone, either.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Found a work-around.  Having the problem in my 2018 Journey with incoming calls.  Uconnect fails in successfully accepting the incoming call from the phone.   The phone thinks Uconnect has it, but Uconnect microphone and audio are silent.  The Unonnect display indicates a call is in progress and shows a "Transfer" icon on the display.  I discovered that pressing the "Transfer" icon twice the call successfully goes back to the phone and then successfully/fully back to Uconnect.  

Doesn't solve the problem, but at least the Phone function is usable for incoming calls.  Unfortunately, it requires taking your eyes off the road briefly when reaching for the "Transfer" icon, so proceed with caution.