2009 Journey SXT driver door doesn't lock/unlock with FOB. Have to use key and push down to lock.

I have a 2009 Dodge journey SXT. Using the fob to unlock the car, all doors unlocked except driver side door. The lock appears to receive some signal but it does not fully Operate and unlock. I have to manually use the key to unlock the driver door. To lock the car, all doors operate with key fob or manually pressing the lock button on the driver side panel, but the driver door does not respond. I always have to push down the lock to lock the driver door. All windows work properly.

I have not been able to find online anyone else that can explain this particular issue and which part I need to fix. Dodge has replaced the whole module on the driver door approximately 3x in 5 years. Any information or video will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you for the reply/info... The piece they have replaced multiple times already was the control panel on the driver side door that operates the mirrors, Windows, and locks. Pardon me, but I want to make sure the lock actuator is that piece or is it something else?

When I was at Dodge recently for the recall, I showed the service employee what is happening and he said "oh yeah, it's the lock actuator, but of course we will have to look at it in depth for $150.

If that control panel is the lock actuator I will definitely take a look at the wiring next. If it is not, would the lock actuator be the first item to look at in this case? I apologize for the ametuer (at best) questions. Thank you for the help.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for late post on this - I had a faulty actuator on one of the rear doors - I tried a few things prior to replacing the actuator to first satisfy myself that the actuator was at fault but once I had determined (to the best of my ability) that the actuator was the problem, I just went ahead and replaced it. Cost for the part was only €105 here in Ireland (reasonable, I thought) and I replaced it myself in around 2hrs, taking it slow and methodical.  It was relatively straightforward and easy to do, if a bit fiddly at times.

Point is, the actuators do fail!

Anyhow, my problem is fixed and has been working for around a month now with no problems. :)

2late4u- let's not jump to conclusions and get ahead of ourselves. If I've had the time of day to fix the problem as some have suggested how to do, I most definitely would've posted if I was successful or not. Let's not assume anything because that's a two way street. So keyboard warrior, here's my update you politely asked for.

As to those who have taken time to let me know how you solved your similar issue, I thank you. I will be sure to try your methods when I find the time.

1 hour ago, Khansen said:

2late4u- let's not jump to conclusions and get ahead of ourselves. If I've had the time of day to fix the problem as some have suggested how to do, I most definitely would've posted if I was successful or not. Let's not assume anything because that's a two way street. So keyboard warrior, here's my update you politely asked for.

As to those who have taken time to let me know how you solved your similar issue, I thank you. I will be sure to try your methods when I find the time.

sorry i stepped on your toes as i was talking about johnny revs post ,hope you get ALL your problems fixed... if you seen how many question get asked here for advise on how to fix something and then we never hear back, its nice when someone who gets some help and reports back that it helped. as then it can help someone else track down their fix to their problem so if i hurt your ego i am sorry that you mistook what i said as a slam against you...

C'mon ladies and gentlemen... Can't throw out statements calling people out and not expect a reply back right? Simply told you why I haven't responded so you don't think I'm in that group who doesn't reply... Copy? Now are we on the same page and all assumptions are out the window. Now for the sensitivity part- let's be adults and keep the car forum to exactly that. When said person gets corrected doesn't make me sensitive. That's a misconception with society today. Continuing the dialogue and keeping it at that. Now that I've wasted a couple minutes continuing to clarify my response, good luck on any car issues in the future because those are complicated enough

• 2 years later...

Sorry to bring up an old post but I’m currently on the same boat. I need to replace the front passenger actuator on my 16 Journey. It’s gotten to the point where you can’t even manually lock the door anymore and my local Stealership wants about 500$ to replace it since I’m fresh out of warranty smh. Any good write ups or vids on how to do this process? I was able to get the door panel off and I see there is a little access latch for the actuator but can’t find a way to get it off. TIA guys. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/6/2019 at 10:21 AM, Urreafrank702 said:

Sorry to bring up an old post but I’m currently on the same boat. I need to replace the front passenger actuator on my 16 Journey. It’s gotten to the point where you can’t even manually lock the door anymore and my local Stealership wants about 500$ to replace it since I’m fresh out of warranty smh. Any good write ups or vids on how to do this process? I was able to get the door panel off and I see there is a little access latch for the actuator but can’t find a way to get it off. TIA guys. 

Same here. 16' journey with a bad passenger door lock actuator which the kids broke. I can access the little opening to touch the actuator but it looks like the entire inner panel needs to come out which is attached to the window tracks and glass.