Idle issues for 3.5L

I have a problem with my 2009 dodge Journey sxt 3.5L awd.

The engine idle is not constant at stop and in reverse while holding the brake. the idle surges from a normal idle to a lower idle. the vehicle does not stall nor does it shake or vibrate. took for the throttle body and clean it. it looks like the IAC ( Idle air control valve) and TPS ( throttle positioning sensor) is one unit , all tied within one medal body. so I can't clean the IAC nor can I replace the TPS if the may be the issue/ problem. Or can this throttle body be open up? Any ideas what may be making the idle issue. No codes showing. also put a can of injector cleaner and can of water remover in the tank. still no luck with the fix.

177.200 kms which equals around 110.000 miles, would know when It had it's last tune up. but I haven't tune it up since I bought it at 113000 kms/ 66.000 miles. just changed oil avery 10.000 kms and air filter twice a year. put a can of Chevron tonight. I'll see what it does.

It may take a couple of tries to get the injectors squirting a uniform spray pattern, depending on how much crud is lodged in them.

agree with dhh3 run several cans of it thur with different tanks of gas took time building up and will take some time getting them clean if it works might be to gunked up and require injector cleaning.

No, I was thinking about the plugs also, I guess /or would the plugs make the idle run at normal 600rpm and surge to 900rmp when backing up or having the break on at stop or idleing in park. it only does this when the DJ is warm. and it does it intermittently aver 5 secs. I guess it wouldn't hurt to remove the plugs. do I have to install the same plugs as the one on the DJ or can I just get cheaper ones. Also would the PCV value also make this happen . i don't think the PVC value has ever been changed.

i would use only the plugs what the car calls for, and even for what little the plugs would cost if they are easy to do i would do that also in a heart beat as if you take the car into a shop that will be the first thing they will want to do anyways..

The timing belt should have been changed around 100,000 miles also. While you are changing the timing chain, might want to replace the water pump while your in there. 100,000 miles is an expensive maintiance milage mark. Plugs, timing belt/chain, water pump. Likely around $1,500.00 US $. If you take it to a shop. Must remove intake manifold to change the plugs. The water pump is internal, so you may as well swap it while your in there changing the timing belt/chain...,,.

DJ stop idle issues for a bit yesterday ,then stated up again revving from 600rmp to 900rpms off and on. It seems to do this more when I have driven longer ( engine fan ways going on but the idle problem continues with fan not running also and engine hot (temperature gauge is needled at half way point) also on second tank of gas with another can of chevron. I know it's time for plugs.But the dj run great around town no miss and on highway plenty of power. no stalling or vibration on idle non any hesitation when put in driver.

why not check with your DODGE dealership they will have all your answers that you will know IS correct instead oh hearsay, not trying to be negative as there is a lot of good advice here but you need to be 100 percent sure of the answers to your questions .....

I would definitely change the timing belt. The 3.5/4.0 is an odd duck of an engine. There are 24 valves but only SOHC. Most multivalve engines are DOHC. You might want to check and see if this engine is an interference design: if the timing belt breaks, the pistons will hit the valves and bend them. Then, it will be time for a valve job and possible piston replacement. If it is a non-interference design, the pistons and valves will not touch if the timing belt breaks.