ABS, traction and service AWD light on

sidney john

Hi everyone.. need help here please..i have a dodge journey 2012 with 71k milleage unfortunately my wheel bearing driver side give up and i change it by myself, after installing the new bearing and have it for drive check suddenly the 3 lights warning went on (ABS, TRACTION CONTROL,SERVICE AWD) i dont know what i did wrong..please anybody has a similar issue like mine that can help me determine the problem..thanks in advance

• 1 year later...
On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 12:49 PM, sidney john said:

yes i did, was install properly thats why i can't figure out whats the cause of lights on on my dash

I have these lights on my dash. I am not sure whats going on but the car has been running fine since I got the car in 2016 brand new. the lights came on yesterday when I went to go out, thinking it was because of the snow and ice build up in the wheel well I cleared that out and tried shutting down and restarting the car, lights went out. went to go out last night and they came on, so I stopped shut it off and started lights went out then came on after I drove a little bit. went home instead of testing the limits. came out to snow blow the drive way, started car only 2 lights ABS and TC came on. moved the car to the street and lights went out. went to go fill the car up with gas and because the street hasn't been plowed yet, theres still quite a bit of snow on the street so when the traction control kicked in car lost some power and then the 3 lights came on again, awd no abs and when the tc light comes on it loses power unless I turn the TC off and only the front wheels spin. because of the holidays the dealer ship is closed. does anyone know if this would be safe to drive until I get it into service?

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 4/17/2016 at 9:01 PM, sidney john said:

Hi everyone.. need help here please..i have a dodge journey 2012 with 71k milleage unfortunately my wheel bearing driver side give up and i change it by myself, after installing the new bearing and have it for drive check suddenly the 3 lights warning went on (ABS, TRACTION CONTROL,SERVICE AWD) i dont know what i did wrong..please anybody has a similar issue like mine that can help me determine the problem..thanks in advance

I know you probably have fixed your problem but this just happened to me for no reason.  All systems seemed go so before I connected my OBD reader I tried the trick used for resetting the oil change reminder.  Turned the car to run, but do not start it, pressed the accelerator pedal three times holding it down for one second each time.  Turned the car off and then restarted it and the trouble codes went away and the cruise control started working.  It did not happen again.  I am assuming there was something on the sensor and it threw the code when we first started the car.  Until reset it stayed on.  Once reset it did not return.  Just a shot in the dark for you.  I got lucky.