2009 Journey wipers dont turn off and headlights stay on

I have a 2009 journey. Drivng the other day. Stopped at the bank when I returned and started it the wipers came on and the headlights came on. The wipers wont turn off and the headlights cant use high beam. The computer that says the gas mileage, service needed, etc doesnt work. The blinkers wont work. Its the weirdest thing ever. Any ideas before I get charged an arm and a leg

Electrical gremlins , many posts covering 2009 models.

Could be the TIPM , control stalk on the steering column ,

the clockspring assy in the steering wheel and it brings to

question whether wiring loom recall for the 2009 was done.

You could try the old standby of disconnecting the battery

for 10-15 minutes to reboot the computer as a first effort.

• 2 months later...

I have a 2009 journey. Drivng the other day. Stopped at the bank when I returned and started it the wipers came on and the headlights came on. The wipers wont turn off and the headlights cant use high beam. The computer that says the gas mileage, service needed, etc doesnt work. The blinkers wont work. Its the weirdest thing ever. Any ideas before I get charged an arm and a leg

I have the same problem, suddenly a morning, and my Dodge has been at the dealer since medio March. They can't seem to figure it out. Did you get your car repaired?

Regards

Kjetil

• 3 weeks later...

My dealer think it is the Instrument Cluster that is the problem. However, they are not able to get the part from USA. The European Branch og FCA, nor the USA Branch can help me. So now I have sold the car to the dealer, as it is. And have got me a new car. a VW by the way.

It is very sad that a poor dealership/manufacturer does not take the costumer more seriously.

My dealer think it is the Instrument Cluster that is the problem. However, they are not able to get the part from USA. The European Branch og FCA, nor the USA Branch can help me. So now I have sold the car to the dealer, as it is. And have got me a new car. a VW by the way.

It is very sad that a poor dealership/manufacturer does not take the costumer more seriously.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Good luck with your VW.

In North America there is a legal requirement for the manufacturer to make parts available for (I believe it to be) ten years from the date of last manufacture. I'm not aware of what the penalty for non-compliance may be, but it's just wrong that they can't get parts for a 6 year old vehicle where the manufacturer is still in business.