Air Bag light comes on ...

I am having a problem with my Journey in that sometimes when I turn my steering wheel to the right I'll get an audio "ding" sound and my airbag light will come on. It only stays on for a few seconds and then shuts off. This is very annoying, especially the "ding" sound. I took the car into my dealer and, after investigating the problem, I was asked to just put up with it and told that the air bag would not pop out accidentally. Why can't this be repaired? Has anyone else had this problem? What might be causing this to happen?

I am having a problem with my Journey in that sometimes when I turn my steering wheel to the right I'll get an audio "ding" sound and my airbag light will come on. It only stays on for a few seconds and then shuts off. This is very annoying, especially the "ding" sound. I took the car into my dealer and, after investigating the problem, I was asked to just put up with it and told that the air bag would not pop out accidentally. Why can't this be repaired? Has anyone else had this problem? What might be causing this to happen?

I would try another dealer. The air bag light only comes on when there is a failure in the diagnostics mode on startup or a sensor or electrical integrity error while driving. At present, your air bag might not deploy in an accident. I would go to another dealer ASAP.

• 5 years later...
  • 1 year later...