Opinions: Best Replacement Tire

lytefall

Just looking for opinions on what the best replacement rubber is for the OEM 19" rim.

All season preferably, but will consider summer tires as well. 225/55/19 or 235/55/19. The ones my usual tire shop carry that I am looking at right now are the Pirelli Centurato P7, Goodyear assurance fuel max and the Cooper CS5. They also carry the Khumos KH16s that come stock (which I got 50k out of). I heard the non dealer KH16s are a different/better compound so should I be considering them as well?

Open to any options, I will just have to find the retailer that carries them.

Main concerns are good tread wear and a quiet(ish) ride. All seasons preferable for unexpected snowfalls, but I have a seperate set of winters in 17s so it's not a huge priority.

I installed P255/50R19 Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza Plus soon after I bought mine last June. Excellent wet traction, snow traction; a lot quieter than the factory Khumos. Also, 80,000 mile tread warranty.

I believe that this is the widest tire we can mount on our 19" wheels. I can not get my index finger nail between the front lower strut mount and the tire. This is the size tire that Dodge was using last summer for the introduction of the Crossroad.

Edited by dhh3

Kumhos would be good. I have the kumho KH21(I think) on my wife's ride and they have been perfect. I replaced my kumhos on my DJ with Continental DWS extreme. Not many miles yet but they have been good. They're all good. Rotate them and keep your DJ aligned and you'll be fine.

Peace.

This is the key to longevity of any tire. Proper inflation, rotations, alignment and don't drive it like a sports car. It's not one.

My plan is to find a set of Toyo Proxes 4 in a wider size (preferably 255/50/19). I had this model on my Charger (245/45/20) at the end of Winter in early 2014 and it performed very well. I didn't have the car long enough after they were installed (traded on the Journey) to find out how they performed once they start wearing, however they performed better than the Kumho Ecsta 4x they replaced when those were new. Quiet, excellent traction in snow and rain. My Kumhos currently have 17,400 on them and measured 7-7.5/32" depth last week, so I'm expecting to get get 40,000 miles out of them. Won't be for another two years, minimum.

Main concerns are good tread wear and a quiet(ish) ride. All seasons preferable for unexpected snowfalls, but I have a seperate set of winters in 17s so it's not a huge priority.

Same situation here. I'm interested in a quiet smooth ride rather than cornering etc. Was reading the reviews for the Pirellis on Tire Rack and they got good reviews. If still around when I need to replace, will likely go with those

I still have the factory Kumhos on mine. They're fine when it's dry outside, but once it rains it's starting to get scary. I'm at 43500 miles. I have snow tires for it though. I'll put those on in November. I still have 5/32nds of tread on the Kumhos. I'm going to try to get another year out of them, but I doubt it.

I haven't had issue with my khumos. Obviously I would love to have had even more life out of them but I didn't feel they were as bad in the rain and snow as a lot of people report. I am in Canada and last year was the first year I felt I needed snows on.

That being said I am still thinking of trying another tire and the pirellis look promising, but in the absence of anything great it wouldnt bother me to get the khumos again.

Edited by lytefall