Accident x2

xcaliber81

My wife has a broken wrist.

She was going through a green light and a guy in a rav4 ran a red light it spun her around and it bounced off a light pole. This was highway speed and my 5 year old was sitting in a car seat on the rear passenger side where the big dent is

Even though it's a 2014, I'd say it's a write-off. Looking at the way the hood is cocked over and the passenger doors are sticking out, there's a lot of structural damage.

But, the important thing is wife and child are okay. They'll be shaken and should be checked out for whiplash... but I'm guessing you already did that if her wrist was found to be broken. That's going to hurt quite a bit, hopefully the doctors set it right and she won't need surgery. Friend of mine was rear-ended in his Mercedes C300 a few years ago and pushed into oncoming traffic. The car saved his life and the worst was a broken ankle, but he had to have surgery and still isn't 100% right.

Assuming that means the original vehicle was on a loan, and underwater (as most new car purchases tend to be). Gap insurance is the only thing that would cover that. The at-fault driver's insurance is only liable to cover the damage to the vehicle (and passengers and contents), not pay off your loan.