Phone Button Not Working on Radio 2011 Dodge Journey Crew

Good Evening Journeyers!

My Phone button on my radio has stopped working. I have the 8.4 without the Navigation System but the system is the Alpine System. When I press the button, it does the beep sound but no menu comes up. My phone has always been paired. As far as I know, I tried the update solution following the steps to update it but it did nothing. I talked to my Dodge Dealership and they want to charge me $120 just to diagnose and see what the problem is. Has anyone experienced this issue before and if so how was it solved?

BD

• Official Dodge Support

As jkeaton recommended, if you tried this troubleshooting and are still experiencing the radio concern you may need to bring it to a dealership for a formal diagnosis. Please keep us posted on what you decide to do!

Hello, does the voice command button work? I ask this because my phone and voice command buttons did not work. The dealer found the hands free module to be bad and had to replace it. Hopefully you have a warranty still to cover the repair because the cost to repair will be around $600.00.

• 3 years later...

Good Evening Journeyers!

Since I came back to the site, I discovered I never provided an update regarding my bluetooth issue. I was told by the dealership that it's the module and that it needed to be replaced. My DJ is long out of any warranties.  I was quoted $800 for the dealership to fix it. I have not had it fixed as of yet due to other mechanical issues from my DJ (and about three other vehicles) that needed to be done. Also, I was told that they would have to do an update to the Uconnect and a reflash as well.