Projector Headlights (US sourced)

Price is right. The look is... egregiously awkward. I'm not sure what all the white/silverish business is about. I'd have to open them up and spray them black to match my car.

RE: HID, keep in mind you won't find aftermarket projector headlight assemblies with genuine HID projectors, as they would not be legal to use in the 50 US states. Many states have laws stating only vehicles equipped with HID by the manufacturer may have them, and many state inspection facilities will give you a ticket to the fail-boat if you install HIDs anyway. It's hit or miss, NJ is among those states and I managed to pass inspection with my Grand Prix using HID. Got away with it in my Charger since it was optional (minor detail that mine was a 2007 and HID wasn't offered until 2008, and I used OEM-replica housings).

• 3 weeks later...

Out of curiosity, I asked the seller this question:

I actually have two questions:
1. My 2014 Dodge Journey uses the high beam, at a lower intensity, as DRLs. Are these lights compatible with DRLs
2. Is the LED 2 colors: amber for signal, white for parking? Or, are there 2 sets of LED lights in the strip?
3. Are there any Halos on these lights? It is hard to tell from the pictures. Thank you. Dave

Seller's response:

Dave, these headlights will also use the high beam in low voltage mode for DRL. And the lower amber LED is for turn signal. There is no Halo rim on them, the white color "L" shape bar and oval ring will light up as parking light.

The white color "L" shaped bar and oval ring around the high beam may be a light tube.

I'd be curious to see if I bought a set of these (they come in black and chrome) if there would be any interest in my black Crossroad Headlamps. I'm still not sure if I like them.

Edited by dhh3

Waste of money bet you the output is horrible

While I tend to agree with you, this is at least an accessible mod (cash wise) for those who are uncomfortable with the retrofit process. It HAS to be better than throwing HIDs in a reflector housing regardless of how shitty the cutoff, throw and spread of the projector are. I would assume you could also mod it by throwing a new (quality) projector in quite a bit easier than putting one in the oem housing...

While I tend to agree with you, this is at least an accessible mod (cash wise) for those who are uncomfortable with the retrofit process. It HAS to be better than throwing HIDs in a reflector housing regardless of how shitty the cutoff, throw and spread of the projector are. I would assume you could also mod it by throwing a new (quality) projector in quite a bit easier than putting one in the oem housing...

Not necessarily... I've seen some horrible projectors, and given these are halogen projectors it's a sure bet that the effect of throwing in HIDs would not be too far off from throwing HID into the OEM lights. It would be better than the factory setup, though.

Not necessarily... I've seen some horrible projectors, and given these are halogen projectors it's a sure bet that the effect of throwing in HIDs would not be too far off from throwing HID into the OEM lights. It would be better than the factory setup, though.

All of the Eagle Eyes projectors I have seen are decent... there is a cutoff and very little to no scattered light above the cutoff. They don't tend to have the best throw or width, but keeping the light from shining in oncoming drivers' eyes is a huge benefit to other driver's. Not saying I would do it, but I would recommend this over a "plug and play" HID installation all day every day.

• 3 years later...

Has anyone actually done this conversion? If so, how long have you had them and has there been any issues? 

Im curious about these from a cosmetic standpoint to help me “re-fall in love” with my car after having it for 5 years. She’s paid off and I enjoy no payment, so whatever I can do to get some improved aesthetic and perhaps visibility, I’m on board.