How to turn on/off the auto dimmer rear view mirror?

Kech

Hi all, I just purchased a 2015 Journey SXT Limited which included the auto dimmer rear view mirror and the 8.4N screen. Can someone please explain to me how to turn on/off the mirror? Thanks in advance...

Just wanted to let you all know that I tested this evening and it works perfectly. They should have kept the power button so to give the option to use or not. Thanks to all of you who replied to my post.☺

I'm curious what the benefit of turning it off would be? I don't even notice mine doing anything...

I thought the same thing but what ever turns your crank.

Mine works and is really noticeable at night when someone

with super bright/mis-aimed lights comes up behind me.

I have a green light, so that I know that it is on. Funny, there is no power button except maybe to unplug it!

Which would also permanently disable the microphone for hands-free calling.

The 2015's do not have any indication of power. It's only in operation when the headlights are on, the vehicle is in drive, and there is a significant difference in ambient light between front and back of the vehicle. Putting it in reverse will disable the function. Daylight driving with headlights on (I know there are some areas which require full headlight use while driving through construction zones, regardless of lighting conditions) will not activate it (there are two light sensors, one in the front of the mirror assembly, and one on the reflective side, top center of the mirror).

I don't see anything in the owner's manual that tells you how to disable it. It may have been an option in a previous version of the vehicle, but it's not there in 2015.

Which would also permanently disable the microphone for hands-free calling.

The 2015's do not have any indication of power. It's only in operation when the headlights are on, the vehicle is in drive, and there is a significant difference in ambient light between front and back of the vehicle. Putting it in reverse will disable the function. Daylight driving with headlights on (I know there are some areas which require full headlight use while driving through construction zones, regardless of lighting conditions) will not activate it (there are two light sensors, one in the front of the mirror assembly, and one on the reflective side, top center of the mirror).

I don't see anything in the owner's manual that tells you how to disable it. It may have been an option in a previous version of the vehicle, but it's not there in 2015.

The manual references it's operating modes and a default configuration, which implies that it can be changed - then again it also references power folding mirrors and all sorts of other stuff we can't get and don't have. But it *may* be possible for the dealer to disable the feature through programming.

I think I figured it out the reason why some mirrors have a light and some don't. It's because there's two different mirrors (one with just the dimming function and one with both the dimming and microphone). Makes sense....

I think I figured it out the reason why some mirrors have a light and some don't. It's because there's two different mirrors (one with just the dimming function and one with both the dimming and microphone). Makes sense....

You'll have to do better than that because dhh3 and I both have 2014 Crossroads and we both have 8.4" displays and we both have Bluetooth with the microphone in the dimming mirror.

You'll have to do better than that because dhh3 and I both have 2014 Crossroads and we both have 8.4" displays and we both have Bluetooth with the microphone in the dimming mirror.

Back to the drawing board!!

Well, I'm a complete Dumb A**. The drugs are finally getting to me. I have no green light. I looked and looked; no where in sight. I even felt along the bottom of the mirror frame to feel for a indentation for a light. Must have been thinking I was still in my Nitro.

The difference in light between the front and rear is correct. My mirror comes on everytime I start the car, and wait for the garage door to open.