First trip to Canada

redtomatoman

Today was really great. Kensington market was really cool. 5 breweries in 3 days was a feat. People here are quite nice. Really like my Canada experience.

Peace.

We try to be nice no matter what - glad you enjoyed your visit.

Avoid the 407 on the way to Detroit... expensive tollway. I take the 401 (or 403 depending on where you are) to 402 and across the Blue Water Bridge between Port Huron and Sarnia to get back into Michigan, then I-94 down to my house in Metro Detroit. Nice view on the 402 with large wind farms. Then on I-94 there is a sign stating a prison is nearby and you should not pick up hitchhikers, always a hoot.

I've visited the area twice (Oakville, Vaughan) for work and the "eh's" and "oot's" were endless... while Journey's were suspiciously rare. And their Sunfires and Jettas look weird in the back. And apparently Candian's like getting hosed by buying Civics branded as Acuras.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you by any chance catch any of the Pan-Am games going on in the GTA?

I'm from Hamilton, but we went on a road trip with the family up to Kingston and Ottawa. Drove back on Sunday just as the games were ending. Traffic sucked! The only good thing I had out of the bad traffic was the fact that I was in my new Journey! :)

I've visited the area twice (Oakville, Vaughan) for work and the "eh's" and "oot's" were endless... while Journey's were suspiciously rare. And their Sunfires and Jettas look weird in the back. And apparently Candian's like getting hosed by buying Civics branded as Acuras.

Hmm, I find that hard to believe as both areas are quite affluent...actually, Oakville I believe is the richest town in North America and Vaughan is highly populated with an immigrant community. Maybe I don't notice it because I live here but I am almost positive that in Oakville and Vaughan or in the entire GTA you are not going to get the Bob and Doug McKenzie talk. Toronto is a highly diverse population with many ethnicities so many will have accents but not the Canadian you are used to hearing on TV.

No Pan Am games. Just baseball, beers, and brats.

Peace.

Hey RTM thanks for letting us know that you had a good time in T.O.! :) We always enjoy having our southern U.S. neigbours/neighbors visiting us. As an FYI for our U.S. friends our dollar sucks right now at about 76 cents to the American dollar so your money will take you a little further out here now.