Let the Journey Begin

isomswim

Yeah cliché title I know. My wife and I just got a 2013 SXT AWD today with about 55k miles. Purchased from Carman, first experience there and def impressed. Got plans to use this new to us vehicle as a road trip/camping rig. Probably try to pull a tear drop with it. No other large plans as of yet, but that will def change. I have modded every vehicle I have owned in some way or another.

How long until your back is able to handle it??? Got a neighbor who likes beer?

I was in the Hospital again over the weekend. One of the bolts loosened, allowing the cage with artificial disc to slip out of place. The bones had not started to regenerate into the cage and vertebra, so the Doc was able to reposition the cage back in place. And, he used a longer, thicker bolt. So, I'm starting all over again from March: no driving for two weeks, no lifting, bending, etc. Constant wearing of $1,500 back brace, x-ray in a month after I get the staples removed in 2 weeks. He is going to order me a "bone stimulator". Supposedly, it will send electronic waves to stimulate the bones to grow. Time will tell.

I was in the Hospital again over the weekend. One of the bolts loosened, allowing the cage with artificial disc to slip out of place. The bones had not started to regenerate into the cage and vertebra, so the Doc was able to reposition the cage back in place. And, he used a longer, thicker bolt. So, I'm starting all over again from March: no driving for two weeks, no lifting, bending, etc. Constant wearing of $1,500 back brace, x-ray in a month after I get the staples removed in 2 weeks. He is going to order me a "bone stimulator". Supposedly, it will send electronic waves to stimulate the bones to grow. Time will tell.

Sorry to hear that Dave. Hopefully you'll have better results and a great recovery!

A "Bone Stimulator" eh??? Interesting... :hysterical: Good luck!

Yeah Dave, sorry to hear about your bad luck. I have medical problems myself, mainly of the mental veriety.

Yeah, we know...