Lights turn on with wipers?

Some states require lights on with wipers, such asIllinois. D R L's don't count. When the headlights are on auto and u turn the wipers on, they come on. You can adjust the dash lights to full on by adjusting the dimmer.

Ditto on the "some states require them". I think more and more states (27 now at one count) are going that route, and I for one, agree with safety concept. I turned my lights on with the wipers back eons ago when first learning to drive. Any inclement weather, rain, snow, dust storms, etc., anything I can do to be more visible to other drivers is increasing my safety. While you may think that DRLs cover the bill, what about the back end of the vehicle? I suspect it won't be a lot longer before "lights on for safety" will be set from the factory and won't be able to be switched off, most motorcycles, IIRC, come that way now. I don't use my headlights on sunny days on the cars, probably should (I do have DRLs and won't own a car without them), but, the before I release the air brakes on the motorhome, the full set of lights go on. In fact, I wish that they were automatic...motor on, all lights on; it would save me having to remember (though it is automatic now).

The thing I don't like is that you can't set the dash lights for both daylight rain lighting and nighttime lighting. If one is correct the other is annoyingly not right. Either too dim during rain or way too bright at night. If dodge addresses that, then fine. Not sure lights make rainy driving much safer. How bout slowing down?

Peace.

My daylight is set to 10, nighttime is set to 7. If I want 7, I just rotate the dimmer down 1 notch (click). It is not automatic (I did not know that it was supposed to be), but I like having control over it.

Lights on with wipers is a safety issue to me. I always turn my lights on with my wipers. I did not know that there was a setting for this. I'm going out to find it right now!

Edited by dhh3

The thing I don't like is that you can't set the dash lights for both daylight rain lighting and nighttime lighting. If one is correct the other is annoyingly not right. Either too dim during rain or way too bright at night. If dodge addresses that, then fine. Not sure lights make rainy driving much safer. How bout slowing down?

Peace.

My 09 dimmer has a "parade" setting that turns the dash up to full brightness. When night comes and the headlights turn on, I twist the dimmer and they go down. Not really an issue for me...

Update. When I went out to look for the lights on with wipers setting, I did not find it. After looking for it, I remembered that there was an auto setting for the dash lights and headlights. I chose not to use it for the reasons stated above. Is the lights on with wipers only on DJs with auto headlights? Or, where is it under settings?

Correct. Without Auto Headlights you don't get headlights with wipers . . . .

But you have a Crossroad . . . in Canada there's a long list of standard features above the SXT, but I know that, for example the Canadian SE has more stuff in it than the US version - and I also know that you can buy a Crossroad with a 4 cylinder engine in the US, but not in Canada.

So, beyond the platinum accents and 19" blacked out rims, what DO you get for your money in the US on a Crossroad?

8.4" with Sirius and Uconnect, unique hyperblack wheels, leather with perforated inserts and light gray stitching, leather on the doors, shifter, and steering wheel, unique interior pieces (liquid graphite), black grill, headlights and tail lights, touring suspension, driver's side 6 way power with 4 way power lumbar, humidity sensor, lighted sign visors, auto heat/AC, steering wheel audio controls, tilt/telescope steering wheel, TPMS. My options are the third row, V6, and Customer Preferred Package, whatever that is! + all the things that come on the SXT and AVP.

Yes, wipers on with headlights on is a safety feature that more and more states require. It's also no big deal to adjust the backlighting dial up or down one notch during the day or at night, respectively. I have both of my cars set to do this.