All waxed again!

hockey_puck

I waxed big red in a comfy garage. Now I can't go out as I'll get it dirty!

Wish I had a comfy garage. I have a small detached garage that my wife's vintage RX-7 stays in . If I had a garage to keep my cars in, I would probably have half the posts on this forum that I do because I'd be in there detailing like every night!

I've learned all of the wash and wax shampoo products end up being horrible after the second use.

I used a 2 in 1 product yesterday and it made all of the Windows look like crap.

I spent an hour scrubbing wax off of everything. A huge mess. Back to my Palmolive days!!

At 118 mph who is going to notice?

I've learned all of the wash and wax shampoo products end up being horrible after the second use.

I used a 2 in 1 product yesterday and it made all of the Windows look like crap.

I spent an hour scrubbing wax off of everything. A huge mess. Back to my Palmolive days!!

Palmolive is going to strip the wax and leave your car paint unprotected from the elements... Instead of using 2-in-1 products, buy separate products and use them as directed. Used properly, ANY product will be better than Palmolive...

Quickest way to ruin a paint job is to use dish detergent to wash it. The detergents break down the wax, stripping it away and leaving your paint dull and unprotected. The one exception is when you are trying to strip the wax before using a clay bar. In that case dish detergent works perfectly.

Please don't, unless you plan on clay barring, buffing, and applying new wax or sealant.

If not, buy Meguiar's Deep Crystal car wash. That's been my day-to-day wash for many years with zero problems.

• 2 weeks later...