oil pressure at 65psi on highway

Figured I'd post these since the question was brought up. Seems kinda high to me but there are no warning lights or anything. I'm not sure what the oil pressure range is.

42 psi at idle

0639F19B-3D78-4662-B225-2FC7D007F7E3_zps

83 psi at 2000 Rpms

427EAA8E-76E6-42C2-B007-DDDDFDE6872F_zps

Edited by jkeaton

Figured I'd post these since the question was brought up. Seems kinda night to me nut there are no warning lights or anything. I'm not sure what the oil pressure range is.

42 psi at idle

0639F19B-3D78-4662-B225-2FC7D007F7E3_zps

83 psi at 2000 Rpms

427EAA8E-76E6-42C2-B007-DDDDFDE6872F_zps

I'm very surprised your oil pressure was this high on a warmed up engine. Mine was always in the 30-40's while cruising at highway speed. Yes, it'll be in the 70-80's for the first 10 minutes of driving or so, until it drops in half.

• 2 months later...

Please let me know what came of this. This weekend, my journey threw a check engine light. I went to AutoZone and had it checked. The code was P06DE. My oil pressure is pegging out at 96 psi (it won't show anything above that) when warmed up at highway speed. The bad thing is that I was three hours away from home on a Sunday so I've been driving it like this a lot. Appointment at the dealership is Thursday (earliest available and no sense of urgency). Is this causing engine damage? What did you find out from your visit to the dealership? Thanks.

Please let me know what came of this. This weekend, my journey threw a check engine light. I went to AutoZone and had it checked. The code was P06DE. My oil pressure is pegging out at 96 psi (it won't show anything above that) when warmed up at highway speed. The bad thing is that I was three hours away from home on a Sunday so I've been driving it like this a lot. Appointment at the dealership is Thursday (earliest available and no sense of urgency). Is this causing engine damage? What did you find out from your visit to the dealership? Thanks.

Probably a bad sensor...

So the sensor can make it read falsely? I hope that is the case and the pursue isn't actually that high. The code says that the "oil pressure control circuit is stuck on." Could that cause the pressure to truly be that high? When I drove it today, the pressure did fluctuate some. Low:45 psi, high pegged out at 96...

So the sensor can make it read falsely? I hope that is the case and the pursue isn't actually that high. The code says that the "oil pressure control circuit is stuck on." Could that cause the pressure to truly be that high? When I drove it today, the pressure did fluctuate some. Low:45 psi, high pegged out at 96...

Yes, the sensor senses the pressure and reports it to the PCM...

I'm sure this doesn't apply to yours being it's a 2014, but: http://www.dodgejourneyforum.com/topic/3522-oil-preasure-light/

Generally I think that since it is saying it is a circuit, that the PCM is not seeing a voltage reading that it expects to see...which is what leads me to believe it is the pressure sensor.

Actually I never did make it to the dealership, lol. I'm pretty certain it's just a bad sensor problem like Lobitz said. Mine will trigger the code/check engine light for a week, then disappear for a week. It keeps going away on it's own...which most definitely points to a bad sensor or loose connection. Nothing that's actually damaging the engine. It's a common code if you search it...many people have had it pop up due to bad sensor.

But I will take it to the dealer to hopefully fix under powertrain warranty (they will probably try not to cover it) when I go to get my transmission fluid changed in a couple weeks.