known probs with 15' brakes?

I have a crossroad awd. I think now it has about 150mi on it. I work on vehicles when i have to and swear I'm not just being paranoid. Something feels like its "grinding" to use the term loosely from the front left when braking... Not ridiculous, but i swear its not right. Just wondering if these had brake problems. Im gonna give it some time before i skate up to the dealership all worried...lol

it has been raining and it might have been sitting for a while. I'm going to listen to it again today and see if I'm imagining things or something is wrong up front. It doesn't have any tell tale signs of the caliper being stuck etc. It doesn't pull when driving or braking, hard stops etc. ill let u know

Check the rotors to see if you can feel any obvious grooves being cut into them (shouldn't exist with that kind of mileage). Honestly, at 150 miles, you're still probably bedding in the pads. Get out onto a highway (with few cars around) and do a few speed drops from 50 to 20 (not panic stops) with at least 30 seconds between to let the rotors cool down.

Or take it to a dealer. With 150 miles on it, there should be absolutely nothing wrong with that vehicle in any stretch of the imagination (unless you punctured some tires, but those were never covered anyway).

No brake issues with current models. Brakes were significantly upgraded in 2013 and eliminated most premature wear and vibration issues. If it has been sitting awhile in damp conditions then you may be hearing trace corrosion being swept off the rotor when the brake is applied. That would occur on the first few brake applications and then stop altogether until the corrosion has had time to re-form. Have it checked soon if it persists. If it grinds all the time, something is wrong and will be repaired under warranty.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2015 R/T AWD, when I brake, I feel the brake pedal give. Not a lot, but it is like a spring gives just enough to feel, not enough for the pedal to give, but enough to feel through my foot. I had it in and checked. Of course they did not have the issue. Anyone else get this? It does it most of the time now. Again, I have had not lights, or loss of brakes. It is more of an irritation now.

I have a little over 5,000 miles on my 2014 Crossroad. The only thing I notice is that when I put my foot on the brake pedal to start the car, once it is started the pedal goes almost to the floor. I never thought too much about this because the brakes work flawlessly.

I have a 2015 R/T AWD, when I brake, I feel the brake pedal give. Not a lot, but it is like a spring gives just enough to feel, not enough for the pedal to give, but enough to feel through my foot. I had it in and checked. Of course they did not have the issue. Anyone else get this? It does it most of the time now. Again, I have had not lights, or loss of brakes. It is more of an irritation now.

There are times during the engine's operation that the amount of manifold vacuum varies and sometimes when that variation coincides with a depletion of stored vacuum in the brake booster, the pedal will sink and rise during certain brake conditions. This is normal and does not indicate a fault with the brake system.

I have a little over 5,000 miles on my 2014 Crossroad. The only thing I notice is that when I put my foot on the brake pedal to start the car, once it is started the pedal goes almost to the floor. I never thought too much about this because the brakes work flawlessly.

This is partially related to my above post. The brake booster stores some vacuum when the engine is off, but it does deplete over time. When you push down on the brake pedal and there is little or no vacuum boost, the pedal won't move very far when depressed with normal pressure. Then, the engine starts, and suddenly there is an ample supply of vacuum pressure in the booster which allows the pedal to move further without increasing the force applied to it. Also a normal condition.

• 1 month later...

This is exactly what I have been dealing with accompanied by the funky noises from the brakes themselves. I can get the noise to happen exactly the same way even with the engine off.