PTU and RDA fluids

seanton

hey,

My RDA and PTU fluids are due for a change (on a '09 SXT) and I can't find any info on how to do it or how much fluid I need.

The only thing I know for sure is I need to use 75W-90 Oil.

Has anybody ever done this before? I've looked in the service manual and nothing comes up.

Thanks,

Sean

Sorry, not familiar with "RDA" and "PTU". If this has to do with differentials, I'm sure there is a drain plug and a fill plug just like any other differential/transfer case, manual transmission, etc. Remove the drain plug and fill plug, drain it, reinstall the drain plug and fill it back up till it runs out the fill hole.

• Official Dodge Support

hey,

My RDA and PTU fluids are due for a change (on a '09 SXT) and I can't find any info on how to do it or how much fluid I need.

The only thing I know for sure is I need to use 75W-90 Oil.

Has anybody ever done this before? I've looked in the service manual and nothing comes up.

Thanks,

Sean

seanton,

With respect to the Power Transfer Unit (PTU), use only MOPAR Gear & Axle Lubricant SAE 75W-90 with a capacity of 0.8 metric liters.

The Rear Driveline Module or RDA will also take the same lubricant as the PTU however capacity is 0.6 metric liters.

***Keep in mind these are nominal refill capacities and amounts will vary slightly depending on your refill procedure.***

If you aren't sure about performing this service yourself, do not hesitate to get your Journey to your local Dodge service facility.

seanton,

With respect to the Power Transfer Unit (PTU), use only MOPAR Gear & Axle Lubricant SAE 75W-90 with a capacity of 0.8 metric liters.

The Rear Driveline Module or RDA will also take the same lubricant as the PTU however capacity is 0.6 metric liters.

***Keep in mind these are nominal refill capacities and amounts will vary slightly depending on your refill procedure.***

If you aren't sure about performing this service yourself, do not hesitate to get your Journey to your local Dodge service facility.

Thanks for the help!

Is there any documentation regarding how to refill them (and where they are?)

Thanks,

• Official Dodge Support

Thank you Wes for the accronym explanation. Fancy words for a differential and a transfer case....lol

Thanks for the help!

Is there any documentation regarding how to refill them (and where they are?)

Thanks,

jkeaton - Someone had to do it lol

seanton - This information would be found in a service manual, if not, your local Dodge service facility is always at your disposal.

• 4 years later...
12 hours ago, Bustamatic said:

lol. Americans always forget that out of ALL the countries in the world, only Liberia, Myanmar(Burma) and the U.S. use Imperial measure...everyone else uses metric...

Yeah,  'mericans are pretty dense.  Sadly, those 'mericans don't seem to have any trouble figuring out how to buy ammo to reload their 9mm guns...

LOL

Peace.