Ok, so I have yet to see anything with my specific problem on any of these forums. Maybe I have a multitude of problems, maybe I have none. Basically I just purchased a 2012 journey with the 4.3/rha system in it. Dealer description says it has uconnect with phone and voice activated dialing. Shows the controls on the steering wheel, both the voice and the phone, and shows phone Bluetooth in settings. Nothing happens when I push either of these. Not a voice, not a response, and the touchscreen hangs for a min after I push phone Bluetooth. On my iPhone 5s with iOS 8.2, an error message pops up that says uconnect not compatible when I try to pair the Bluetooth. If I plug in via a usb cable, no problems. Plays pandora, allows me to control everything, but cannot make or receive calls. Any help?

The system is reportedly incompatible with iOS 8. Try pairing something like a Blackberry Bold or Curve (they have *the* most properly implemented BT stack) to see if that works. If you can access the dealer menu, do a factory restore before attempting the alternate phone.

To perform a factory reset, disconnect the negative terminal on your battery for at least 1/2 hour for radio issues. You will not lose any of your presets.

Uconnect only supports iOS up to 7.1 . I just purchased an iPhone 6 with iOS 8.2, and it took numerous tries (about 15 minutes or so) to pair, but I finally got it to work. The phone works flawlessly with Uconect, but music is AFU. Uconnect is working on a fix.

If the reset does not work, you may need to get a new Uconnect module. It is separate from the radio.

Edited by dhh3

Disconnecting the battery does not default the radio, but rather does what's called a 'reboot'. A factory reset WOULD cause you to lose your settings.

On a second generation radio (2013+) you go into the dealer mode by pressing the driver side temp up and down buttons and the front defrost simultaneously for at least 10 seconds - the dealer menu will appear.

Select the 'restore factory settings' option to restore those and then try re-pairing.

But bluetooth is not 'in' the radio, it is a USB-connected module. I believe that doing a restore will not fix things, but it can't hurt.

Ok, so after looking at dodge bluetooth compatability guide and paring instructions for my model and phone, I still have not found any resolution. the uconnect pairing guide doesn't even list my radio as an available model for my Journey. I've tried multiple phones and still get no response from my radio as far as a passcode or even "seeing" any of my phones. I get no response from my unit when I push the voice button, no voice prompting me for anything. I feel that I have a defective unit and I guess im going to head to the nearest dealership, 50 miles away, to try to get a resolution. Thanks for the advice.

I have an 09 DJ and a IPHONE 5 with 8.2 software (3 phones) and they all work fine. Music, phone, Bluetooth, everything. Am I just lucky or are the old MyGig radios (I have a REN) better??

You hit the nail right on the head. I'd take a MyGig over my 8.4" POS anyday. Phone always worked, no matter what. Load your music onto the 30 gig HD, and away you go - no issues. It is too bad I can't install my RBZ, v50 into my DJ. I'm looking into sawing a MyGig sized hole in the middle of my screen and and mounting it there! Totally disappointed when I realized Dodge dropped the HD.

Disconnecting the battery does not default the radio, but rather does what's called a 'reboot'. A factory reset WOULD cause you to lose your settings.

On a second generation radio (2013+) you go into the dealer mode by pressing the driver side temp up and down buttons and the front defrost simultaneously for at least 10 seconds - the dealer menu will appear.

Select the 'restore factory settings' option to restore those and then try re-pairing.

But bluetooth is not 'in' the radio, it is a USB-connected module. I believe that doing a restore will not fix things, but it can't hurt.

Disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes or more would reset the MyGigs. One more reason not to like the 8.4. I think Chrysler made a huge mistake with this new radio system. The more I learn about it, the more I hate it. BRING BACK THE MYGIGs. Add a bigger screen if you want bragging rights. Just bring it back. An SD card is no match for a HD. If the SD is not formatted correctly or the files aren't right, it won't work right. It took me a while to figure it out. I'm 99% there. But one should not have to do this. The idiot engineers should have had this all figured out before they put it out in the market.

Every CD that I played displayed Album Artwork on the MyGig. Some of my CD'd are originals from the 70's and 80's. No artwork displays on the 8.4! WTF were they thinking? Calling Uconnect is a waste of time. They need to fix this ASAP

Edited by dhh3

Updat: I called uconnect customer service and explained the problem. The guy asked me to do a soft reset that involved placing the car in accessory mode, holding down both the vr button and the phone button for 30 sec, then turning the car off and opening the door for 30 sec. This was supposed to reset the voice activation but it didn't. He says I need to go to a dealer to get the module checked, diag service is about 100$ no matter what. If it needs to be replaced, dealers get to set the price on the unit and labor, so no telling how much it will end up costing. At this point I'm ready to just go without it, unless anybody has any ideas where I can buy the module besides a dealer.

Look online. I just ordered the sun visor repair kit online when the dealer would only order the entire visor. The dealer wanted $85:00 for the visor, I got the kit shipped to my house for $15. If you can get the modual part number, search that.

Edited by OhareFred

I get most of the artwork on mine.

Therein lies the problem: you said most. On the MyGig, it was ALL! On my SD card, the only artwork that does not display, so far, are new CD's purchased from the iTunes Store. I'll have to play 1 song form each album just to find out what works and what doesn't. It should NOT be this way.

True - they could have left out the Gracenotes feature altogether and then you'd have to chase down ALL of the artwork for ALL of your music if you wanted it on screen.

Having a picture of the album cover is nice, but when I'm in my car I am watching the road and it has no impact on the quality of the music (or lack thereof).

• 1 year later...

Ok so I have the same problem my uconnect not working my dvd or cd won't go inside I only my aux connection and am/fm work also when I turn off my car my safe radio stations are gone .. I called uconnect and asked them they told me I had to go to the dealership.. Be use when I press the voice it says voice recognizing but won't do anything else also that goes with the phone botom what's going on .. Can someone help