Filters and....filters...

jkeaton

Alright guys, noob moderator needs help. Both my engine and cabin air filters are d.i.r.t.y.!! I mean really dirty....trying to find replacements...this will lead hopefully to a topic in the DIY section which lists various cross reference part numbers for various consumables.

What I have found is the cabin filter crosses to a Fram CA10729 or CF10729 (CA-Cabin Air, CF-Cabin Filter). I cannot for the life of me find the cross for the engine air filter. Most auto parts places list it as CA11170, which is a cabin air filter. The dimensions of the CA10729 match the dimensions of the cabin filter I have. The CA11170 does not match any of the two (engine or cabin). What is the cross for the engine air filter? Dang things are expensive from what I've seen. Cheapest cabin filter I've found is $35 at walmart. I imagine the engine one is more expensive.

We can make a cross reference list including K&N and all that, but some folks, like me, are not willing to drop premium bucks for a name. Just want to find out what other options are available to include everyone in the process.

How about listing up what you have bought, or what you use. Air (cabin and engine), oil, etc. We could even go so far as having cross reference lists for light bulbs, etc. What do you think?

I use the Mopar OEM engine filter and Fram freshbreeze cabin filter. The Mopar engine filter is of good quality and does a fantastic job regarding engine filtration as noted by Blackstone in my UOA that I posted. Maybe costs a few dollars more but worth it IMO.

Edited by Journey_SeXT

Alright guys, noob moderator needs help. Both my engine and cabin air filters are d.i.r.t.y.!! I mean really dirty....trying to find replacements...this will lead hopefully to a topic in the DIY section which lists various cross reference part numbers for various consumables.

What I have found is the cabin filter crosses to a Fram CA10729 or CF10729 (CA-Cabin Air, CF-Cabin Filter). I cannot for the life of me find the cross for the engine air filter. Most auto parts places list it as CA11170, which is a cabin air filter. The dimensions of the CA10729 match the dimensions of the cabin filter I have. The CA11170 does not match any of the two (engine or cabin). What is the cross for the engine air filter? Dang things are expensive from what I've seen. Cheapest cabin filter I've found is $35 at walmart. I imagine the engine one is more expensive.

We can make a cross reference list including K&N and all that, but some folks, like me, are not willing to drop premium bucks for a name. Just want to find out what other options are available to include everyone in the process.

How about listing up what you have bought, or what you use. Air (cabin and engine), oil, etc. We could even go so far as having cross reference lists for light bulbs, etc. What do you think?

I just bought the engine Fram Air Filter CA 11170, at Canadian Tire for $39.99 + tax. I also bought a Cabin Filter CF10729 for $19.99 +tax. I've never seen the air filters cheaper, but have seen the cabin filters go on sale for $12.00 - $13.00. Of course now that I bought the Cabin Filter, it should be on sale this weekend! Should be cheaper in the States.

Edited by rolly

K N in Canada is 59.00 and it's 49.00 in us ???? still cheaper in Canada after exchange and clean it only once got ur money back??

The exchange rate today is $1.00 US = $1.25 CAN... That makes the Canadian version pennies more at $61.20 US. That being said, they can be had cheaper than $49 here in the states...

Wait...I did that math wrong (hey, it's early). $61.20 CAN is what the cost would be converting from US... Regardless, it's close and is worth considering for a replacement in my book. Though I would go away from the K&N and get a dry flow filter instead (one that requires no oiling). Easier to maintain and less pssible issues to deal with down the road.

Edited by Lobitz68