On vacation

Journeyman425

Had a great time on the cruise with my family in the western Caribbean. Saw four Journeys on one block in Costa Maya! I shut my phone off for a week and disconnected from the world. Highly recommended! Many of us become one with our devices and forget what it is like to exist without them. After a day without it, it becomes quite easy. At the end of the week I didn't want to turn it back on!

I washed the Journey today during lunch even though the temperature was below freezing because I just couldn't stand the sight of it any longer, all covered in salt. It hasn't been detailed since I got it back from the bodyshop. They did a beautiful job cleaning it for me, and within a mile of driving it was covered in salt and slush. The roads are relatively dry but covered in salt. Even driving home four miles from work, the car has salt on it already even though the roads are not wet. I cannot wait for this winter to die!

Ok, the old retired journalist in me has these probing questions now that you are back.

1. Just how much weight did you gain on one of those "all you can eat, 24 hours per day" cruises?

2. Did the number of DRL activation requests top 50, in your inbox, in this forum?

3. Will it take more than 12 hours to go through each thread on this site to "catch up" on what is going on?

BTW. Washing a car when it is just below freezing isn't crazy. However, it is crazy to head to the car wash when it is -20F outside because you can spend all the time you want inside to dry it, as no one will be waiting for the space behind you. I plead guilty.

P.S. Your neighbors will know you are crazy when they see you outside, happy as a clam washing and detailing when it is only 40F.

Welcome home, sailor! I don't like washing mine when it below freezing, because for some reason the top of the rear bumper does not dry, and I don't relish the idea of chipping the ice off! I wash it, though, when the salt starts to get to me, ice be damned!

Edited by dhh3

Welcome back, I'm glad you had a good vacation. I almost start to cry when I see my Journey 5 minutes after I wash it. We have a salt mine here in Windsor and I think there's as much salt on the streets above ground as there is below! It's supposed to be above freezing on Tuesday. Guess what I'll be doing that day?

Detroit is supposed to get above freezing, to the mid thirties, for a couple days starting Sunday (Happy March! Three more weeks until Winter succumbs to Still Winter!). I just might get the opportunity to wash it... if it stays that warm after work. I hit the touchless Tuesday night, then it snowed overnight and the wet roads Wednesday turned it white again. Went back the touchless Wednesday night, and it snowed yesterday. It's white again. I give up.

Ok, the old retired journalist in me has these probing questions now that you are back.

1. Just how much weight did you gain on one of those "all you can eat, 24 hours per day" cruises?

2. Did the number of DRL activation requests top 50, in your inbox, in this forum?

3. Will it take more than 12 hours to go through each thread on this site to "catch up" on what is going on?

BTW. Washing a car when it is just below freezing isn't crazy. However, it is crazy to head to the car wash when it is -20F outside because you can spend all the time you want inside to dry it, as no one will be waiting for the space behind you. I plead guilty.

P.S. Your neighbors will know you are crazy when they see you outside, happy as a clam washing and detailing when it is only 40F.

1) Five lbs. in one week! There are several hundred miles of road cycling in my near future if the roads ever return to a non-tundra state...

2) I only had five or six requests come in while I was gone. I did a bunch before I left but I expected the number to be closer to your estimate!

3) I rarely read all the threads, sorry to say. I respond to those that I've participated in and by the time I'm done with those responses, it's usually bedtime!

My neighbors think I'm crazy if I'm not outside washing and detailing my cars! :)