journey door/map pocket light switch

Your posts would get more attention if you put them in the correct forum. Also, posting the same question numerous times is annoying at best. The door lights are controlled on the dash dimmer switch. Lights must be on in order to observe dimming adjustment. This is spelled out very clearly in the manual...

Page 231 states, "Dimmer Controls The dimmer control is part of the headlight switch and is located on the left side of the instrument panel. Rotating the dimmer control upward with the parking lights or headlights on will increase the brightness of the instrument panel lights, door map pockets and cupholders (if equipped)."

The manual has a section specifically on the door switches and map pocket lighting. It is in the manual in the section below the dimmer switch section. Its confusing. I am new to this forum and format so sorry if you are frustrated. Prior Chrysler Exec. Just trying to get clear on manual. Enjoying our Journey otherwise. Thanks for help.

The manual has a section specifically on the door switches and map pocket lighting. It is in the manual in the section below the dimmer switch section. Its confusing. I am new to this forum and format so sorry if you are frustrated. Prior Chrysler Exec. Just trying to get clear on manual. Enjoying our Journey otherwise. Thanks for help.

I'm not frustrated, just trying to help you navigate a little better... I would have put this in the "Interior" section or the "Glass, Lenses, Lighting and Mirrors" section... Not everyone looks in the "Lounge" or "Articles..." sections. You will get a lot more traffic in your thread (and better answers) if you try and place it in the higher traffic areas. Welcome to the forum.

I read the manual on his other thread that is now locked. Now, it appears that not only do I not have map pocket lights, I don't have door handle lights either! The only difference it that is on the middle of Page 30.

I read the manual on his other thread that is now locked. Now, it appears that not only do I not have map pocket lights, I don't have door handle lights either! The only difference it that is on the middle of Page 30.

They must have omitted the switch from earlier models and never corrected the manual. My map pocket lighting is more of a low hewe and switches barely lit. Oh well, its not really Chrysler anymore like the Old Days before Eaton sold it to the Germans and disappeared. Thanks for all your input.

I keep my door pocket lights dimmed down all the way. It bothers me to see all these lights in my peripheral vision at night. I even drive with my dash lights dimmed down at night. The only drawback is that the dome light don't come on when you open the door if they are dimmed down!.

agree with lawdog couple weeks ago was getting something out of the hatch at night and the dome light wasn't working was trying to fig out how to remove the plastic cover over the bulb and thought to check the dimmer switch and it had got turned all the way down, turned it back up and then the light worked..