OEM Kumho's 30,000 miles

jkeaton

Looks like I can get at least 10,000 more miles out of these. Regular rotations and maintaining proper air pressures (and not driving like Mario Andretti), these tires will last. I have no complaints at all with these tires.

1B4BEED4-1850-41A7-9B74-5EE139B7DE28_zps

A4AA7B26-9CEB-4C21-BCF8-E2DC7F2C84A7_zps

Old man Lincoln's head is still covered.

4F025D99-3309-4037-8AA8-4E6D54EEE7AF_zps

I had the original 17" tires that came on the '11 when it was traded - but I have no real idea of the mileage that was on them since they were swapped out for winter tires for 3 months of each year I had it (because I never bothered to check my spread sheet).

But they were good tires.

I can't speak to the 19" ones on the Crossroad - I took delivery with a fresh set of 17" snows on steel rims and the 19" OEM wheels and tires were in the back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I own a 2013 Dodge Journey Crew front wheel drive.My OEM Kumhos were at 4/32nds tread at 35,000 miles. I had rotated the tires every 6,000 miles. I just replaced my tires with Pirelli P7 All Season Plus tires sold by Discount Tire. So far so good with the Pirelli tires. I will not buy Kumho tires again for this vehicle

I own a 2013 Dodge Journey Crew front wheel drive.My OEM Kumhos were at 4/32nds tread at 35,000 miles. I had rotated the tires every 6,000 miles. I just replaced my tires with Pirelli P7 All Season Plus tires sold by Discount Tire. So far so good with the Pirelli tires. I will not buy Kumho tires again for this vehicle

35,000 miles out of OEM tires is pretty darn good. I most likely won't be going with Kumho's again when the time comes. Looks like I'll be putting new ones on before this winter. I usually buy whatever is on sale. If the Kumho's are on sale, I'll get them again, if not, I'll get something else. Tires to me are just like the rest of the vehicle. They last as well as you maintain them.

Thanks for the reassurance that 35,000 miles on OEM tires is pretty good before replacement.

I agree that routine maintenance is very important in terms of tire life. I keep my pressure at 36psi and check it regularly. I also rotate every 6,000 miles and regularly have the wheel balance checked every 2nd oil change.

A lot of my driving is highway speeds so that may factor into my achieving less miles than the tires are rated for before I decided to replace them.

I hope everyone else achieves higher mileage on their OEM Kumho tires than me. Estimated replacement cost is around $880 -$1000+ in Chicago area for installation of tires that fit the Dodge Journey 19" rims.

Good Luck Everyone

Thanks for the reassurance that 35,000 miles on OEM tires is pretty good before replacement.

I agree that routine maintenance is very important in terms of tire life. I keep my pressure at 36psi and check it regularly. I also rotate every 6,000 miles and regularly have the wheel balance checked every 2nd oil change.

A lot of my driving is highway speeds so that may factor into my achieving less miles than the tires are rated for before I decided to replace them.

I hope everyone else achieves higher mileage on their OEM Kumho tires than me. Estimated replacement cost is around $880 -$1000+ in Chicago area for installation of tires that fit the Dodge Journey 19" rims.

Good Luck Everyone

OEM tires generally give up a little strength/longevity in order to provide a softer and quieter ride... 35,000 isn't anything special, but it certainly isn't bad either. I have had luck with other Kuhmo tires (non-OEM) on previous vehicles so I wouldn't judge an entire brand on the OEM tires on your DJ. Pirelli makes a good tire too though. Check in when you get some more miles on them; everyone appreciates reviews on things like tires!

Edited by Lobitz68

Good Luck Everyone

I wished I had the 19" wheels until I started doing some tire pricing.....man those tires are expensive!! 17" tires are half of what the 19's cost.

I wished I had the 19" wheels until I started doing some tire pricing.....man those tires are expensive!! 17" tires are half of what the 19's cost.

One of the reasons we bought the SXT instead of the Crew was because of the availability and price of the 19" tires. Many of the forum members were complaining that there weren't many choices and I already went through that with my Neon. I didn't find out about the Neon tires until I got a blowout and had to scramble to find four alternate size tires. I don't think availability is still an issue. We were ordering it anyway, so we just added the extras that were standard on the Crew, plus a few other options.

Edited by rolly

When the Kumho's are finished, I'll move up to a 20" wheel/tire combo.

You have many more options in that size, IMHO.

I run 20" wheels on all my vehicles, with tire cost anywhere between 105.00 each , all the way to 650+ each (ouch).

Edited by fnbadaz06