Disabling seat belt chime

Cbrooks45

Does anyone know how to disable the seatbelt chime on a 2014 Journey? Yes, I wear my seat belt. but sometimes when you have to take it off to adjust your seating on long drives and it starts chiming it is freaking annoying. I did it on a 2005 Caravan. Hoping these have the option to do it as well.

There is a simple procedure that was documented in the manual from my '11 - they seem to have deleted it from the manual that came with the new car, but te procedure still works - I have the 'belt minder' disabled - I wish it also switched off the display reminder - I have to keep pressing 'back' to see my fuel economy.

Does anyone know how to disable the seatbelt chime on a 2014 Journey? Yes, I wear my seat belt. but sometimes when you have to take it off to adjust your seating on long drives and it starts chiming it is freaking annoying. I did it on a 2005 Caravan. Hoping these have the option to do it as well.

The following sequence of events must occur within sixty (60) seconds of the ignition switch being placed in the On position in order for the programming to be completed successfully.

1.With the ignition switch in any position except On or Start, buckle the driver side front seat belt.

2.Turn the ignition switch to the On position and wait for the seatbelt indicator reminder function to conclude (about six seconds).

3.Unbuckle and buckle the driver side front seat belt three or more times, ending with the belt buckled.

4.Turn the ignition switch to any position except On or Start to toggle the BeltAlert feature from its current setting (from active to inactive, or from inactive to active). A single chime tone will provide an audible confirmation that the programming sequence has been successfully completed

Here is an easy fix. I have my seat all the way up, and it is a PITA to plug the seat belt in with the seat raised. I bought a seat belt extender. It looks just like the end attached to the floor. There are two kinds: one with webbing, one without. I bought the one without webbing on ebay. I plugged it in, and the chime has never come on again. And, the seatbelt is a lot easier to buckle.

Edited by dhh3

• 2 months later...

The following sequence of events must occur within sixty (60) seconds of the ignition switch being placed in the On position in order for the programming to be completed successfully.

1.With the ignition switch in any position except On or Start, buckle the driver side front seat belt.

2.Turn the ignition switch to the On position and wait for the seatbelt indicator reminder function to conclude (about six seconds).

3.Unbuckle and buckle the driver side front seat belt three or more times, ending with the belt buckled.

4.Turn the ignition switch to any position except On or Start to toggle the BeltAlert feature from its current setting (from active to inactive, or from inactive to active). A single chime tone will provide an audible confirmation that the programming sequence has been successfully completed

Thanks Milous this procedure worked perfectly!

I use my seatbelt until I get into the subdivision, then I take it off (old habit).

• 4 months later...

Thank you Milous! It worked like a charm on my '15 Journey SXT. I have the push button start, so for me I began with the engine off, buckled up, started the car, repeatedly unbuckled/buckled, then cut the car off. When I cut it back on, NO DINGING! Thanks!

just tried this on my 14 crossroad it did work but when going under 5mph got message about seatbelt and had to push the back button to see how fast i was going then slowed down again and got the same message again when i was going under 5 mph and then pushed the back button then got the mph back again. i just turned it back to reg settings as we always wear our belts...

• 1 year later...
On ‎2015‎-‎01‎-‎16 at 1:25 AM, Milous said:

Thanks I will give this a try.

• 1 month later...
On 1/15/2015 at 11:25 PM, Milous said:

Thanks this worked for me on a 2015 Dodge Journey SXT v6 model. 

• 2 months later...