Right rear seats not moving

kbrownfocus

Ok heres my prob, and Im hoping to get some feed back before I start tearing into my 09 DJ rear right seats. I moved the rear right seats forward and now they wont go back when I lift the handle to slide them backwards, no I do not have 3rd row, the cable in the lever mech. is all there nothing is broke. Im just trying to get some help to see if anyone ever had this problem and what they did to fix it. Thanks

• 2 months later...

Same issue. I'm having to have the dealership look at mine. I can get the seat to go back for nothing and several different people have tried, but I guess it's just one more thing to add to the list of things that have gone wrong with the car.

As time goes on, the seat is getting easier to move. But, I only move the one on the driver's side. I have never moved the passenger side. Maybe, one day when I'm really bored I'll go out and try and move it!

Same issue. I'm having to have the dealership look at mine. I can get the seat to go back for nothing and several different people have tried, but I guess it's just one more thing to add to the list of things that have gone wrong with the car.

You should sell the car instead of complaining about it all the time.

Maybe she isn't independantly wealthy and can't dump it. If it doesn't work right, Dodge should stand behind their product, not expect the purchaser to be a cheerleader for Doge no matter what. Every car will have problems, I don't care who makes it, but that doesn't mean a person can't come to a forum and complain about it. Personally I find the blind cheerleaders more offensive. I'm not trying to start a war here, but everyone is entitled to their opinion, and this is the type of place to express it. Wether or not we all agree is irrelevant.

both of my journeys rear seats 2011 and my current 2014 rear seats were hard to move from the outside but they moved a lot easier if i sat in one and then tried to move it.also i hardly ever move them so i really don't have a problem with them...I also agree with jkeaton.

Edited by 2late4u

There was a Star Case bulletin released last April that addressed the rear seats issue ("2nd Row Seat is Hard to Move Fore/Aft"). The "fix" is to loosen the seat bolts and retighten them in a specified order and torque (and to confirm that the seat tracks are synchronized). Tried it on my '14 but didn't seem to help.