New owner of 2015 Crossroad

xhamanx

Nov 8 - **Edit - I had a much bigger issue pop up today. I was at a green light waiting to make a left turn, when I put my foot on the gas I had no power, brakes stopped working. This is very concerning, what if I was on the highway? I had my wife and 8 month old baby in the car. FYI vehicle has 1800km.

Hi Everyone - I'm a new owner of a 2015 Journey Crossroad and loving the car so far with some minor concerns. Love the look of the vehicle and the handling is great, overall very impressed. Traded in my 2011 wrangler unlimited as it just wasn't practical with a new baby. Wife loves the fact that when she sits in the rear seat and front passenger seat folded down she has a clear view, its like she's sitting in first class. Like everyone else has stated the tranny is a bit harsh but after a few hours and understanding the gears the ride has become much more smoother. Excited to see how the car performs in the snow this winter.

Opted for the Granite Metallic Grey with the 3.6L V6 engine.

I do have some issues I was wondering if it was worthwhile to bring up when I go in for my first oil change and want to know if other owners are experience the same issues.

1 - Front passenger seat whenever someone sits there or I have luggage on it it squeeks quite a bit. I think I was able to isolate where its coming from and I think its the latch that keeps the seat together with the base. Driver seat makes some noises as well but its much less noticeable.

2 - The rear doors dont feel/sound the same as the front doors when opening and closing, probably because the weight is different, just doesnt feel as "solid." If its like this for all other owners/vehicles I'm fine with it but if not I would like to have it checked out.

3 - Front headlight covers get awfully dirty/foggy really quickly and at first I was concerned it was moisture in the inside but its fine when I clean it with a cloth only to become foggy/dirty again soon after. Not sure if this is a common issue with others.

4 - I've never had a vehicle (have owned 4 and driven a lot of other cars) where the engine would rev when I turned the steering wheel while its on park as much as this vehicle. Also after I've driven the car and put it in park the engine would rev/stall at around 1000 rpm for a few noticeable seconds is this normal as well?

Edited by xhamanx

Welcome, hope you enjoy the forum!

1. I have heard of some people having problems with the seat squeeking. I think they fixed it by putting some felt pads inbetween the the seat latch and base. Just open up the latch and see where it looks like it's been rubbing. Put a little felt sticky pad there and see if it goes away.

2. It's normal...just due to the front doors being twice as big and twice as heavy probably.

3. I've never had a problem with the headlights fogging. They just get dirty and bug splattered...like any other vehicle. If you are certain they aren't leaking or fogging on the inside, then just find some good plastic headlight protectant / wax. That should help deflect the dirty crap and prevent it from sticking there.

4. Mine does this too. It's probably just the alternator hogging more current to provide to the electric steering (think of it as the same as when you turn your A/C on; rpm's will go up 100rpm or so). The rev up to 1000rpm when put into park for a few seconds is probably just the stall convertor. I haven't paid attention to it; I'll see if my vehicle does it too.

Enjoy!

Welcome to the forum. I have had my 2014 Crossroad since the end of June, and I have not noticed any of the issues you are referring to. My car is tight and quiet with no rattles at all. Overall, I am quite impressed.

The engine's idle RPM is set very low by design, for fuel economy, emissions and low noise. In order for the power steering pump to provide adequate assist, the RPM's are raised by the PCM depending upon the amount of steering input that the PCM detects. The Journey still uses a conventional hydraulic engine-driven pump. Certain other Chrysler vehicles are equipped with electric power steering, but the Journey is not.

The engine's idle RPM is set very low by design, for fuel economy, emissions and low noise. In order for the power steering pump to provide adequate assist, the RPM's are raised by the PCM depending upon the amount of steering input that the PCM detects. The Journey still uses a conventional hydraulic engine-driven pump. Certain other Chrysler vehicles are equipped with electric power steering, but the Journey is not.

Oh my bad, I thought it was electric steering in the DJ. I don't know what I was thinking...obviously it's hydraulic with people having the power steering hoses break on them! Hydraulic steering seems to be fading away these days...

Hydraulic steering seems to be fading away these days...

It is indeed being phased out. Car manufacturers have been looking at al kinds of ways to reduce powertrain parasitic losses, and electric steering is one of those methods. We'll probably see electric power steering on the next generation Journey.

I had a much bigger issue pop up today. I was at a green light waiting to make a left turn, when I put my foot on the gas I had no power, brakes stopped working. This is very concerning, what if I was on the highway? I had my wife and 8 month old baby in the car. FYI vehicle has 1800km.

Will add to original post.

Edited by xhamanx

• Official Dodge Support

I had a much bigger issue pop up today. I was at a green light waiting to make a left turn, when I put my foot on the gas I had no power, brakes stopped working. This is very concerning, what if I was on the highway? I had my wife and 8 month old baby in the car. FYI vehicle has 1800km.

xhamanx,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your DJ purchase !

With the addition of your newest issue, I would urge you to bring this to the attention of your Dealer.

It would be best to address this issue sooner rather than later based on your description of loss of power.

Care to elaborate??? When you say no power, was the vehicle running and was sluggish? Did it shut off? Any codes get thrown?

Care to elaborate??? When you say no power, was the vehicle running and was sluggish? Did it shut off? Any codes get thrown?

Sorry for the late response I was away for a week.

All the lights were on in the power as if it was in 'run' mode but there was no power when I tried to accelerate and the brakes hydrolics stopped working. I was on a small incline and the car started rolling backwards so I had muscle the brakes to make the car stop. I put the car in park and turned off the vehicle then powered it back up and everything was working again.

Edited by xhamanx

Has your Check Engine light illuminated? has this condition happened again since that day? Does the engine buck or hesitate while driving? If the engine stalled for no apparent reason, there should be diagnostic codes stored which would tell a technician why or at least point them in the right direction.

Has your Check Engine light illuminated? has this condition happened again since that day? Does the engine buck or hesitate while driving? If the engine stalled for no apparent reason, there should be diagnostic codes stored which would tell a technician why or at least point them in the right direction.

No it has not happened again. The engine light did not illuminate. Fingers crossed it does not happen again but I will bring it up at my first oil change.

My little screen between the tach and speedometer says "key has left the vehicle" if I get out of the car with the fob in my pocket. For the lock/unlock to work, you have to be within 5' of the car with the fob, according to the manual. I have no idea how far I can walk away and it will stay running. I was just thinking there was an electrical hiccup between the fob and the key - or the push to start button went from RUN to OFF by itself.

I have no idea how far I can walk away and it will stay running.

The vehicle will stay running regardless of the location of the key fob. However, if it leaves the interior it cannot be restarted unless the fob is returned to the interior, with the exception of the remote start (if equipped).