Tire Size

Timothy Bratzel

Do you have any problems with fender rubbing when turned all the way left or right?

How far out is your speedo?

With the 255/50/19 size, the tires will not rub on the wheel wells. Any bigger and I think there would be rub. The speedo is very close. The actual speed when the speedo reads 60 mph will be 60.67 mph. The actual speed won't be a whole mph different until 90, if I remember right.

Peace.

I've seen 4 good size options for the DJ 19" wheels throughout this forum:

235/55/19 (size recommended by Dodge)

245/50/19 (speedo reads 64.78mph at 65mph true)

245/55/19 (speedo reads 66.96mph at 65mph true)

255/50/19 (speedo reads 65.67mph at 65mph true)

245/55 is the worst option since it'll be ~2mph fast on the speedo.

I've seen 4 good size options for the DJ 19" wheels throughout this forum:

235/55/19 (size recommended by Dodge)

245/50/19 (speedo reads 64.78mph at 65mph true)

245/55/19 (speedo reads 66.96mph at 65mph true)

255/50/19 (speedo reads 65.67mph at 65mph true)

245/55 is the worst option since it'll be ~2mph fast on the speedo.

Where did you find your information on the 245/55R19? I asked about this size back in July and did not receive one reply. Tire Rack says it will not fit, and they do not recommend it. This is why I settled for 255/50R19. If Dodge can use them, so can I! No issues. :hyper: I intensely studied all of the pictures of the Show Crossroad, on the web and on this forum, with this size tire mounted, and decided this was the tire size for me, With the Crossroad wheels, they look awesome, IMHO.

Edited by dhh3

i am impressed with the Dunlop Grandtreck SJ6. This is a highly reviewed tire, and it fits my budget. It will fit with no problems, except for the speedo being out by 3%.

I can live with that. 245/55R19 I will just reduce my highway cruising speed by 5Km/hr. By all means, 255/50R19 is the best choice, but I cannot get the Dunlop in that size.

The dealer checked with Dodge, and they say I Can Use the 245/55R19 with no problems, except for the speedo being out 3,01%. I will report @ the end of

November as to the fit and performance.

Edited by Timothy Bratzel

Where did you find your information on the 245/55R19? I asked about this size back in July and did not receive one reply. Tire Rack says it will not fit, and they do not recommend it. This is why I settled for 255/50R19. If Dodge can use them, so can I! No issues. :hyper: I intensely studied all of the pictures of the Show Crossroad, on the web and on this forum, with this size tire mounted, and decided this was the tire size for me, With the Crossroad wheels, they look awesome, IMHO.

I could've sworn I had seen somewhere that 245/55/19 fit...but now I can't find the thread. I guess that one needs taken with a grain of salt. Maybe Timothy Bratzel can prove it fits for us!

• 1 month later...

i am impressed with the Dunlop Grandtreck SJ6. This is a highly reviewed tire, and it fits my budget. It will fit with no problems, except for the speedo being out by 3%.

I can live with that. 245/55R19 I will just reduce my highway cruising speed by 5Km/hr. By all means, 255/50R19 is the best choice, but I cannot get the Dunlop in that size.

The dealer checked with Dodge, and they say I Can Use the 245/55R19 with no problems, except for the speedo being out 3,01%. I will report @ the end of

November as to the fit and performance.

I had the 245/55 R19's installed. There is absolutely no problems with clearance. The fit is just fine.

I am also very impressed with the Dunlop Grandtreck SJ6 performance on ice and snow.