need help from dodge care in U.S. drl lights

how come the 2014 journey owners that bought off the lot cant get or get any answers as to why our drl cant be turned on thur local dealers???? prior yrs of journey owners could get the sales code entered and then get the drl turned on but what about us that the dealers say they dont know how to do it...... any help dodge care i have sent 2 pms to you and havent got no responce even DodgeCaCares was wondering why you havent helped here on this....HELP

well i ve been waiting for a couple of weeks waiting on dodge care ive pm him twice and started 2 different post he or she seems to not want to answer the question. dodgeCaCAres answered right away but since he is from canada he couldnt help. still waiting on dodgecare or maybee dodgedoesntcare well see.......

I'm confused what exactly it is that you expect him to do? If you've checked a couple of dealers and they say it can't be done then all he can do is say the same... Rather than complain about someone who has been very helpful here, it seems like it would be more beneficial to your cause to do the leg work and contact a few dealers. Worst case it takes 15 minutes of your time to find numbers for several dealers in you area and pick up the phone. If you still don't get the answer you're looking for, there are several aftermarket options available to give you the DRLs that you seem unable to live without...

well excuse me, i have checked with several dealers and no one seems to know why we cant add drls to our journeys and as i have mentioned before on my 2011 and my 2014 i wanted to add the rear back up cam to them and for 2 yrs on the 2011 all the dealers said it couldnt be done but as we know it can be done with mopar parts so when my dealer told me I couldnt add the back up cam on my 2014 i told yes you can and showed them the web site for mopar and the part # for it and told them You had just 4 months ago put it on my 2011 mainstreet he then said oh well i guess we can. and i think have a great dealer so its not really all their fault i think dodge could do a better job on letting dealers know on whats new or options on dealer add ons. WE all know how many problems EVERYONE has had about drl sales codes and also with the trailer lights sales code.SO i an just wondering why dodgecare hasnt weighed in on this as he has posted on other subjects since i have posted and pm him. just wanting a little info weather it be helpfull or not helpfull thats all.and for your post i have tried to help other members out and i have checked with other dealers so ive done my 15 minutes of checking.So i dont need to you getting smart azz with your post, as if this one my first time posting or trying to help out other members

well excuse me, i have checked with several dealers and no one seems to know why we cant add drls to our journeys and as i have mentioned before on my 2011 and my 2014 i wanted to add the rear back up cam to them and for 2 yrs on the 2011 all the dealers said it couldnt be done but as we know it can be done with mopar parts so when my dealer told me I couldnt add the back up cam on my 2014 i told yes you can and showed them the web site for mopar and the part # for it and told them You had just 4 months ago put it on my 2011 mainstreet he then said oh well i guess we can. and i think have a great dealer so its not really all their fault i think dodge could do a better job on letting dealers know on whats new or options on dealer add ons. WE all know how many problems EVERYONE has had about drl sales codes and also with the trailer lights sales code.SO i an just wondering why dodgecare hasnt weighed in on this as he has posted on other subjects since i have posted and pm him. just wanting a little info weather it be helpfull or not helpfull thats all.and for your post i have tried to help other members out and i have checked with other dealers so ive done my 15 minutes of checking.So i dont need to you getting smart azz with your post, as if this one my first time posting or trying to help out other members

Sorry that your undies are on so tight, but I wasn't being a smart ass at all (for reference, I am being one now :stirpot: ). I was simply just confused what you expected him to do about it (like I said). Have you contacted Dodge, or just dealers? Sounds like all of the dealers in your area are a little slow on the intake... Journeyman425 has been able to help quite a few people, have you asked for his assistance?

yes i did ask journeyman425 for help as had others and he said that the sales code cant be added for the drl for some reason and that is why i was asking DodgeCare if he could help US members out that had 2014 journeys be able to get them installed and for aftermarket addons i would rather keep my dodge all OME. but my main question is why DodgeCare wont or cant help on this subject,as i said before DodgeCaCare was wondering the same thing since he was from Canada he couldnt help.

yes i did ask journeyman425 for help as had others and he said that the sales code cant be added for the drl for some reason and that is why i was asking DodgeCare if he could help US members out that had 2014 journeys be able to get them installed and for aftermarket addons i would rather keep my dodge all OME. but my main question is why DodgeCare wont or cant help on this subject,as i said before DodgeCaCare was wondering the same thing since he was from Canada he couldnt help.

Do you have the DRL option in your settings?

If it can't be added now, wait a few months and perhaps Dodge will work a addon. In the meantime, turn the headlights on. I understand that DRL's are a safety feature, but they aren't required in the US, so why would Dodge waste time and money in case someone wants to turn them on? Really, it's not like the end all to prevent an accident. Give DodgeCares some time, he/she has always been helpful. Maybe they are sick, vacationing, or working on the problem.....

yes i have turned them on thur the radio and for OhareFred this has been going on for over two weeks and DodgeCare has been posting on other problems the last couple of days and i am sure he has seen this post. now why he wont comment i dont know and as i know its not of big importance but if it could be added i would like to and if it cant no big deal but its not only my problem as several other members have stated they would like to get it activated on their 2014 also.and i know the eariler years of the journey 2011-2013 as far as i know all journeys came equipped with the drls, and some came with them turned on and others were not but you could add the sales code and then have the dealer do his little thing and they would work.so really it all boils down to why DodgeCare wont answer the qestion or try to help us 2014 journey owners, this will be my last post on this subject.......