Remote starter

My battery went dead, charged ti up now remote starter not wrking correctly. Start it with remote it runs for about 10sec then turns off and will not remote start again the horn beeps once and thats it. Any answers or how to reprogram if that is what it needs.

The cars are designed to "detect any abnormal running events" and to shut themselves off when using the remote start option. There is something flagging your system with a problem and the car is shutting itself off as a cautionary procedure. I had that happen with my Commander. My guess is that although your battery has been "recharged", the CANBus is still sensing a problem and is aborting the remote start process. You may recharge the battery to a condition that enables a start, but, low voltage, or abnormally high alternator draw (particularly since the battery is "cold challenged" due to temperature), is causing a "fault" on the CANBus...you'll probably, IMHO, need to replace the battery to completely rectify the situation...

Edited by webslave

• 3 years later...

have 2009 R/T with remote start-

had the same issue with remote start turning on then off after 5 seconds. will not turn back on using the FOB buttons on repress. At the time, the battery was giving problems starting the vehicle in the mornings.

changed the battery (original 2009) to a new one.  the problem went away, however it did it a few days later.  i learned that problem will still be present if the battery voltage goes low. I never bothered charging the new battery. just swapped it and drove.  i had to throw trickle charger on battery to peak it.   remote has worked every time. 

• 2 years later...

Hi...I'm having a similar issue but it has nothing to do with the battery as it is sufficiently charged.  When I start the car with the fob, the engine cranks and it starts...5-10 seconds later, it shuts off and on the dash it says that the remote start has been disabled.  The only thing that I can think of, is that I have a CEL on...It's code P0128 which points me to a thermostat/coolant issue but wouldn't think this would interfere with the remote start.

Straight outa the manual:

To Enter Remote Start Mode, Press and release the REMOTE START button on the RKE transmitter twice within five sec-onds. The vehicle doors will lock, the parking lights will flash and the horn will chirp twice (if programmed). Then, the engine will start and the vehicle will remain in the Remote Start mode for a 15-minute
cycle.

NOTE:
• If an engine fault is present or fuel level is low, the vehicle will start and then shut down in 10 seconds
Edited by jkeaton

2 hours ago, jkeaton said:

Straight outa the manual:

To Enter Remote Start Mode, Press and release the REMOTE START button on the RKE transmitter twice within five sec-onds. The vehicle doors will lock, the parking lights will flash and the horn will chirp twice (if programmed). Then, the engine will start and the vehicle will remain in the Remote Start mode for a 15-minute
cycle.

NOTE:
• If an engine fault is present or fuel level is low, the vehicle will start and then shut down in 10 seconds

read a manual....LOL