Uconnect Voice Commands..

I was wondering if anyone has ever been able to use the built in voice commands to play songs from an ipod/iphone? I've tried all the commands in the manual, and off the uconnect support site, and I've never been able to play an song/artist or podcast at all. I can change between channels and inputs, but thats about it. What's the point of having this feature listed (with the commands) when I have to end up taking my eyes off driving to use the touch screen.

I was wondering if anyone has ever been able to use the built in voice commands to play songs from an ipod/iphone? I've tried all the commands in the manual, and off the uconnect support site, and I've never been able to play an song/artist or podcast at all. I can change between channels and inputs, but thats about it. What's the point of having this feature listed (with the commands) when I have to end up taking my eyes off driving to use the touch screen.

Even though it's in the owner's manual, that feature didn't exist in the 2011 model. They added it for 2012. Same with voice command for the Nav system.

I really have not tried the VC system to change iPod selections, but I did get the latest VC update and the system works much better. If you have not had that TSB applied, you could try that. Maybe that feature does not exist for 2011. Not sure.

NUMBER: 08-023-11 REV. A

GROUP: Electrical

DATE: August 12, 2011

SUBJECT:

FLASH: Hands Free Module Software Enhancements

Peace.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="generaltso" data-cid="25429" data-time="1357396115"><p>

<br />

Even though it's in the owner's manual, that feature didn't exist in the 2011 model. They added it for 2012. Same with voice command for the Nav system.</p></blockquote>

What?! That is total BS on Dodges part to even list that as a feature if it isn't even in there.

I really have not tried the VC system to change iPod selections, but I did get the latest VC update and the system works much better. If you have not had that TSB applied, you could try that. Maybe that feature does not exist for 2011. Not sure.

NUMBER: 08-023-11 REV. A

GROUP: Electrical

DATE: August 12, 2011

SUBJECT:

FLASH: Hands Free Module Software Enhancements

Peace.

I had a problem with the VC for requesting a song to be played and since the update I have not had a problem. But having said that, the VC system does not like the one song that I have that has a Japanese title. When I say the name of the song it still switches from my IPOD to a hard rock station on a satellite channel. :hysterical2: This only happens on that song, so no big deal.

We discussed this a while back. The 2011's do NOT have any ability to voice control playback of music. Despite it being in the manual, that functionality was not added until the 2012 model. The 2012 model also received voice control for the NAV system. The 2011 has no voice control for the NAV system.

I'm still pissed about this, even after having owned my 2011 for almost 2 years.

• Official Dodge Support

drozz,

Send me a PM with your VIN and I will look in to it for you.

DodgCACares,

drozz has a 2011 Crew like me. I confirmed with Chrysler long ago that the 2011's do not have voice command of music playback. I was told that the necessary hardware was not in the 2011's and this functionality only started working with the 2012's. The real piss-off in all this is that the owner's manual lists all of the commands for controlling music playback but NONE of them work.

DodgCACares,

drozz has a 2011 Crew like me. I confirmed with Chrysler long ago that the 2011's do not have voice command of music playback. I was told that the necessary hardware was not in the 2011's and this functionality only started working with the 2012's. The real piss-off in all this is that the owner's manual lists all of the commands for controlling music playback but NONE of them work.

I kind of feel lied to on this as well, as the sales rep told us that this was a feature in the Journey back when we were looking. It hasn't been a big issue but now that i have a new born in the Journey, I'd rather my eyes be on the road, not having to look down at the touch screen to change songs or browe my podcast listings. Not only does the owner manual as drb227 says list the commands, i went onto the uconnect website for my model year and printed off the voice command list, NO WHERE does it say that these feature are not in the 2011s. Not a single command for playing/changing songs work (be it Ipod or even a CD). About all i can do is change from channel to channel, or from sat radio to FM/AM etc.

DodgeCACares,

This was discussed quite a while ago with DodgeCares and he advised us that the 2011's didn't have the correct hardware to support voice commands for controlling music playback. That made no sense to me since it obviously works for controlling the phone and changing radio stations or switching from radio to satelllite, etc. It's ONLY the voice control commands for music playback that don't work in the 2011's.

I have the 8.4N radio.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="AstralRT" data-cid="25807" data-time="1358994121"><p>

I personally don't care for the VC for NAV, it rarely finds the place I'm asking for.<br />

Is there a Canadian translation update somewhere? :lol:</p></blockquote>

Me too... My NAV system cant understand my accent.. Have to ask real canadian to speak so it might be understood! My NAV is a racist... LOL :-))