*sigh* New Journey new no more....

Psyke

Wife backed it up into the corner of a huge concrete pillar in our garage. took out the driver side tail lamp, bumper knocked out, and sheet metal crumpled... So much for the rest of the christmas shopping; at least the kids have been taken care of.

Just so freakin' frustrated as the accident could have been avoided easily if she had just straightened her wheels after she had parked the car originally...

Wife backed it up into the corner of a huge concrete pillar in our garage. took out the driver side tail lamp, bumper knocked out, and sheet metal crumpled... So much for the rest of the christmas shopping; at least the kids have been taken care of.

Just so freakin' frustrated as the accident could have been avoided easily if she had just straightened her wheels after she had parked the car originally...

Unfortunately, you can only fix one problem.

Just kidding. Sh*t happens. At least she wasn't hurt... your wife I mean.

Edited by Rubberdude88

Unfortunately, you can only fix one problem.

Just kidding. Sh*t happens. At least she wasn't hurt... your wife I mean.

lol nah, she and the 3 year old barely felt a thing (good old crumple zones). Technically it is her vehicle as it's in her name and all, so meh. It's now in the shop and we have a 2013 DJ SXT as a loaner for the next couple weeks at least. So far I really miss the heated seats and the auto climate; never realize it until it's gone. Some things I did notices though with the 2013 vs the 2012:

- Much larger brakes in the front end

- brakes pedal feels stiffer when depressing. with mine, I'd press it and bakes would engage no problem, but when I was at a stop, the bedal was like it was on a cushion...hard to describe.

- ABS was much quieter when it engaged this morning briefly. I'm going to take it out tonight alone and play with it.

- The evic. New graphic for oil pressure. you can scroll all the way to the top or bottom of the main menu and it wraps around now instead of having to scroll all the way back up to the top or bottom. the realtime MPG-L/100KM gauge graphic is now reversed; instead of having a full red bar that goes from left to right filling up the more gas you're using up, it now has a bar going from right to left that fills up with the less fuel you use.. confused me at first. will see if I can get a video for it.

I'm also wondering if the rental shop would be willing to swap my 19" chrome wheels for their 17" alloy ones :D

I have the same issue with the brake pedal in my 2011 while stopped. After being stopped for a few seconds, it moves further towards the firewall, almost like pushing on a cushion, as you say.

Don't know if I'd call it an issue, but it was a bit odd at first. the 2013 DJ has the same thing, just not as noticeable.

And we go the quote back for the repairs; about $5500......worse than when I took out the entire side of the Caliber....

yeah, we have no idea when we're getting our back; we know it'll be into 2013, just a question of how long it'll be for back order parts. our replacement parts include the bumper, the whole tail light assembly and ring of light, and the rear quarter panel. I've asked the wife to get them to email her the full quote. Insurance has already approved.

Yeah! All my parts are in to the body shop. Booked in for Jan 7 and they say it will be about 7 work days to fix. So by mid January this will all be a bad memory. Kind of embarrassing driving around with the red tape the shop put over the smashed tail light to make it legal to drive in the interim.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately it doesn't look like we'll be that lucky. There seems to be a backorder on the quarter panel we need and the only time frame we were given is "indefinite". We're coming close to the end of our Car Rental allotment with insurance so I'm not sure what we're going to do for a vehicle in the coming weeks...

That sucks. I will be glad when mine is fixed and they where able to make it legal to drive in the interim or I would be in the same boat. I can't believe the wait for parts but thats the result of not warehousing parts with everything going straight to the assembly line.

• 2 weeks later...