Reset the "Oil Change Required" warning....HOW?

Xphyle

am i missing something? my journey doesn't start with a key so how is this ever going to solve the warning reset?

You push the ignition ON button. First push goes to accessory, second push goes to ON. Then push the accelerator pedal 3 times. Then push the ignition button to off.

I can't believe that we are still addressing this question. :doh:

Just a simple google search typing "how to reset oil light on 2012 dodge journey"

and look what was at the top of the list.

We've also covered this many times in other threads.

BTW welcome to the forum!! :)

Edited by Journey_SeXT

I can't believe that we are still addressing this question. :doh:

Just a simple google search typing "how to reset oil light on 2012 dodge journey"

and look what was at the top of the list.

We've also covered this many times in other threads.

BTW welcome to the forum!! :)

Or maybe the information can be found somewhere else...hmmm...maybe in the OWNERS MANUAL. :finger:

• 1 year later...

My owners manual index has the reset procedure listed on page 303. It is actually on page 318. I have tried all the procedures listed here and watched the you tube videos. Nothing works. I guess I'll use the tape method.

The procedure does work and it is the same for all years. Keep trying. Took me a couple times the first time I did it but now I got it down.

Just wanted to add in defense of those having issues that I've done all the oil changes at the recommended schedule on my wife's 211 journey since we bought it new.  Using the manual's instructions, I never had an issue re-setting the alert....until the last time.  I cannot get it to go off.  So yes I do know what the instructions are and yeah I do know how to do it right (as evidenced by all the others times I did it with no problem) but it still ain't working as it's supposed to.

On 7/13/2016 at 2:16 PM, bramfrank said:

How often do you change your oil and who does the changes?

If you have it done more often than the vehicle expects and your mechanic does the oil change and is thorough, he'll be resetting the system and you will never actually trip the reminder.

Every 4 months, or 3,750 miles.  Whichever come first.  Dealer changes oil under extender warranty for free.