Windows Tinted

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Question: Thought about after market tinting my windows, but does it last in the long run? In about 5+ years, will it start to show air bubbles and peel? I have seen some tint jobs start bubbling and peeling after a few years, but I don't know if it was done at home or professional. Has any one had tinting done before on their car before and can say what will happen in the long run (5+ yrs)?

Thanks

• 5 years later...

my 2001 truck still looks good no bubbles and no peeling or scratches.guess it depends on quality of the products and install, one thing i didn't think much of i used reg windex for a while which is a big no no and some of the windows have a slight color change but that was my fault.....also raising and lowering windows in a dusty area will produce scratches as my daughters postal caravan right window is scratched real bad due to the sand or dust.

All the windows are tinted from the factory except the driver's door and front passenger door, I would like the front doors to match the rest of my DJ.

So how illegal is this if they allow the tints from the factory which is pretty dark. Go take the road trip like I said and get something like 40-50% light filtration tints which is slight and no cops should hassle you as you will be fully visible. If anyone hassles you just tell them that Journey SeXT said it was okay!! :lol: