Low engine oil - no warning light

Toknow

Most European cars from mid-size and up have oil level sensors too. That's what I really miss on my Freemont. My last car showed me the oil level every time I turned ignition on. This was a very nice feature. No need to open the hood and get dirty fingers.

Edited by Toy4ever

Most European cars from mid-size and up have oil level sensors too. That's what I really miss on my Freemont. My last car showed me the oil level every time I turned ignition on. This was a very nice feature. No need to open the hood and get dirty fingers.

Dunno, but I check my oil regularly and never get my fingers dirty; that's what the dip stick is for ;). Seriously though, having a level indicator would be pretty nice.

Regarding oil use in previous posts, I'm just over 3K Km and haven't noticed any oil loss due to use or otherwise. Am so far loving the Pentastar engine.

Cheers!

Steph S.

Wait, are you saying that they put a sensor for the windshield wiper fluid but not for the oil level?

Let me check, it's 2012, not 1963, you're joking, right?

I was told by the dearlership that Chrysler says losing a litre of oil every 1600 km is okay.I've started my oil consumption test for a 3rd time now.2 days after the oil change the oil on the dipstick is at the E in the word safe.So 1600 x 3 is 4800 km,Just short of the 5000km oil change. So I'm putting in 3 extra litres.If Journey owner are losing no oil between oil changes and I'm putting in 3 more .Why should I spend extra for oil when someone else doesnt.So really I'am spending around $90 dollars between oil changes. I'm going to put this in my topic I started.

Wait, are you saying that they put a sensor for the windshield wiper fluid but not for the oil level?

Let me check, it's 2012, not 1963, you're joking, right?

No yoking, i could not find anything yet that looks like oil level indicator. Maybe there is a text message in EVIC, but the manual doesn't say so. Has someone checked, if there is a sensor in the oil pan?

I was told by the dearlership that Chrysler says losing a litre of oil every 1600 km is okay.I've started my oil consumption test for a 3rd time now.2 days after the oil change the oil on the dipstick is at the E in the word safe.So 1600 x 3 is 4800 km,Just short of the 5000km oil change. So I'm putting in 3 extra litres.If Journey owner are losing no oil between oil changes and I'm putting in 3 more .Why should I spend extra for oil when someone else doesnt.So really I'am spending around $90 dollars between oil changes. I'm going to put this in my topic I started.

LOL how much are you paying for a quart of oil syn oil is only about $6.25 and buy a 5 quart jug for any where from $ 20. to $26. for mobil 1 3 times $6.25=$18.75 which i do agree you do have a problem as you shouldnt lose no more than a quart at most, hope you can get some help from chrysler about your problem

Sorry that was meant for toknow/mwg. People don't seem to get that all oil is NOT the same, just because its the "right" weight. I would say 90% of any oil buring complaints we get(and there isn't that many) all come down to wrong oil/extended intervals. If you use the wrong oil, and then push the oil changes further than your supposed to, your gonna stick the rings, seen it many times.

Edited by Moparman

Hi, I was adding together the price of the oil change at the dealership around $60.Then by the time the next oil change comes I have put in maybe 3 extra litres. The 3 extra litres around $5 is $15 plus the original oil change I get $75 plus tax.I was a bit high for the amount at my last post.Any way you look at it I'm putting out extra money between oil changes.Like I said before ,If I go the full 5000km between oil changes, no oil registers on the dipstick.And if it is true what the dealership told me then the engine has lost 2 litres.But if Chrysler says 1 litre for every 1600km then it loses 3 litres every 5000 km.I'm sorry but having no oil on the dipstick every 5000km is just not right.

• 3 weeks later...