2011 Dodge Journey with major problems! Anyone else experience this?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Had the hearing! Buy Back Complete! Full Compensation for price the vehicle was bought at! SO LOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGG CHRYSLER!!!!

3 things in life you never do!

1. Commit a crime

2. Get Married

3. BUY A DODGE!

Good luck to everyone out there!

Hi, I work with CBC in Toronto. I was just hoping to speak to you about your experience with your Dodge Journey. Could you get in touch with me at annie.burns-pieper@cbc.ca?

Thanks so much,

Annie

• 9 months later...

I see many of these posts are from Canada, but I am located in Alabama. I recently purchased a 2011 Dodge Journey Mainstreet, deciding factors were size, V6, 3rd row seats, price and 10K miles. I set the fuel economy when I left Carmax and the 35 mile drive resulted in 28 MPG. My wife drives this car and averages MPG is 22 in town. Previously had 2003 Trailblazer inline 6 that would average 22 on the road and about 16 in town. Granted it was a larger vehicle with towing package and was quite nice, leather seats and all power windows, seats, sunroof, but didn't stand a chance with the tree that t-boned it....I have noticed on this 2WD that front tires are worn more than rear, the brakes seem to be a little different in feel, and the transmission seems to be OK after reaching 45 mph. But so far, I have enjoyed this vehicle. Good sound system (USB connection) good fuel economy, comfortable, seats more grandkids than Trailblazer, has almost as much cargo area with 3rd row seats down, has a lower center of gravity than Trailblazer, so does not wobble, handles like the Dodge minivans I previously drove as a company vehicle, and I like the handling. Granted it has a little more road noise than I expected, but I prefer the front wheel drive rather than rear wheel drive of the Trailblazer. I plan on taking this vehicle on a 600 mile road trip in June and am curious and excited to see how it performs. So far, no problems. I may have to consider installing a tow bar if I cannot get my '86 Dodge Ram 150 slant six back into a reliable condition.

There 4 kinds of people who inhabit car forums:

1-Happy owners who experience good vehicle with little expectation of everything being perfect in life.

2-Lurkers who gain from the good/bad insights of other owners good/bad.

3-Complainers who listen/look for the slightest reason to complain.

4-Concerned owners who have knowledge/insight willing to share the good/bad/ugly about the vehicles they bought.

The percentage versus population of DJs is greater in Canada than the US,not unusual here to see many in daily use.

• 1 month later...

I'd like to add on to what crappydodgejourney has said about Dixie Chrysler in Brampton. I've been dealing with a couple different dealers on their used inventory and have had many questions. Jeff at Dixie Chrysler has been the most helpful and is very quick to reply. He's informative, goes OUT OF HIS WAY to get you the right answers and is honest and upfront. Also, they seem to have the best pricing within Ontario as far as dealer installed options. Overall, a great experience in dealing with him and he's a great representative of Dixie Chrysler. After reading how well they treated craapydodgejourney through his horrendous ordeal.....I'd venture to say that is a reputable dealership.

• 4 months later...

Hi every one I bought a 2011 dodge journey 8 months ago with 23,000 ks on it. One the way home from Mc. kinstry Chrysler in Dryden ont. the front end was shacking very bad. I returned the car to find the owner to be a idiot. He said he fixed it by a tire balancing job @ his buddies tire shop lol ha.ha . It turns out the tires had busted belts and cant be fixed. I then @ 26,000 ks had the brake pads,rotors ,calibers all repaired, then the rear struts ,ac problems, heating problems, programming problems, no start problems, key fobs not dectected by car. Burns more gas than a v8chevy truck powers when out when trying to pass. The stereo didn't detect the CDs and the radio froze up and wouldn't turn off, then when the car was started the radio turned it self up on full blast. I returned again to have a flash update done which made things worst. The same day I bought this piece of Garbage home I wanted to return it for a different car and was told by the idiot dealership owner it was not an option. I will give all of you a WARNING don't be stupid and buy this garbage.

Hi every one I bought a 2011 dodge journey 8 months ago with 23,000 ks on it. One the way home from Mc. kinstry Chrysler in Dryden ont. the front end was shacking very bad. I returned the car to find the owner to be a idiot. He said he fixed it by a tire balancing job @ his buddies tire shop lol ha.ha . It turns out the tires had busted belts and cant be fixed. I then @ 26,000 ks had the brake pads,rotors ,calibers all repaired, then the rear struts ,ac problems, heating problems, programming problems, no start problems, key fobs not dectected by car. Burns more gas than a v8chevy truck powers when out when trying to pass. The stereo didn't detect the CDs and the radio froze up and wouldn't turn off, then when the car was started the radio turned it self up on full blast. I returned again to have a flash update done which made things worst. The same day I bought this piece of Garbage home I wanted to return it for a different car and was told by the idiot dealership owner it was not an option. I will give all of you a WARNING don't be stupid and buy this garbage.

Give yourself a warning and a timeout for bad spelling.

You bought a used a car, not a new one!!

I understand if you are looking for help on this forum, its what most of us are here for. But don't come on here telling everyone their Journeys are garbage and expect anyone to respect your opinion.

Your Journey may be garbage. It was used. Buyer beware. My second Journey is not garbage and neither was my first one. Love my Journey.

Edited by jkeaton
toned it down.

• Official Dodge Support

Where do you people come from?? Your Journey may be garbage. It was used. Buyer beware. My second Journey is not garbage and neither was my first one. Go flame somewhere else please.

Jkeaton,

We're all here because we're owners of DJs. This is a community to share feedback and stories and offer support, I guess some people don't see it that way and decide to persuade others from a GREAT automobile. Regrettably mass produced vehicles can have manufacturing defects, but is this so different from any other product? I will admit a DJ is more expensive than most consumer products but it's important to recognize the advantages of buying a NEW vehicle. The owner is in control of the maintenance and the factory warranty will take care of the possible surprises that exist from time to time. Not everyone can afford a new vehicle, in which case you are right buyer beware. There are too many variables to simply write off an entire model or brand because of these types of experiences. GO JOURNEY!

Jkeaton,

Not everyone can afford a new vehicle, in which case you are right buyer beware. There are too many variables to simply write off an entire model or brand because of these types of experiences. GO JOURNEY!

Your absolutely right!! I would never go to a forum and tell everyone they are stupid for their choice of vehicle.

P.S. I passed 4 Journey's on my way home today. The most I have ever seen in 1 day around here. I have noticed more and more these days in my area. So Hell Yea, Go Journey!!

Your absolutely right!! I would never go to a forum and tell everyone they are stupid for their choice of vehicle.

P.S. I passed 4 Journey's on my way home today. The most I have ever seen in 1 day around here. I have noticed more and more these days in my area. So Hell Yea, Go Journey!!

The Journey is very popular here in our city. It's not uncommon to see 2-3 Journeys at a stoplight at the same time on a regular basis. They are all over the city, it's almost like a pack mentality. They claim that the Journey is the number one selling crossover in Canada and I don't doubt it by how many we see here in Windsor, Ontario. We love our Journeys!!!!!

Yup, here in Toronto there are all kinds of Journeys out on the roads. I was kind of shocked while driving through the U.S. last summer and didn't see any of our beloved Journeys until one passed me on the interstate but had the Ontario plates....WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS!!!! :lol:

Edited by Journey_SeXT

Yup, here in Toronto there are all kinds of Journeys out on the roads. I was kind of shocked while driving through the U.S. last summer and didn't see any of our beloved Journeys until one passed me on the interstate but had the Ontario plates....WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS!!!! :lol:

I noticed the same thing on our trip. I saw more in California than any other state though.

The Journey is very popular here in our city. It's not uncommon to see 2-3 Journeys at a stoplight at the same time on a regular basis. They are all over the city, it's almost like a pack mentality. They claim that the Journey is the number one selling crossover in Canada and I don't doubt it by how many we see here in Windsor, Ontario. We love our Journeys!!!!!

I'm jealous!! Got room for one more up there?

I have 2 new DJ's in the driveway and we love them (2012 & 2013). No issues at all. At some put in your life you are going to come across a vehicle which will have some problems and when it does happen, know that it can be fixed. Maybe not in the time frame you like but it will be done. The dealers can only do what they are told to do after so many times of rectifing the problem but you do have the option of taking it to another dealer and then again some may not have that option.

• Official Dodge Support

Addicted to Dodge

Good call!

What are the odds of seeing that many? It just goes to show you there are like minded people out there and made a good choice as well. GO JOURNEY SOME MORE !

• Official Dodge Support

Journey_SeXT,

I know what you mean, I'm in Windsor Ont. and it's rare to see the Caravan when traveling through the US too. But I'm sure the Journeys are out there!

• 10 months later...

My 2014 journey has the full blast radio and heat when it wants problem! I cant believe the dealer told me they have never heard of the issue,I like the journey but I don't need these issues on a NEW unit that hasn't even had an oil change yet!!!! Brakes also squeak every morning Front left.Dealer cant replicate the issue tired of that answer.I don't think I will replicate a future mopar purchase if they don't correct these issues.Just need it to work right I do like it!will try alternate dealer next!!

My 2014 journey has the full blast radio and heat when it wants problem! I cant believe the dealer told me they have never heard of the issue,I like the journey but I don't need these issues on a NEW unit that hasn't even had an oil change yet!!!! Brakes also squeak every morning Front left.Dealer cant replicate the issue tired of that answer.I don't think I will replicate a future mopar purchase if they don't correct these issues.Just need it to work right I do like it!will try alternate dealer next!!

Seems like I've seen this issue before and it had a fix... not sure why you posted it in this post though. It was only briefly mentioned in 1 post in passing. Search a little more, the answer is here somewhere.