what oil filter

twoslices

Use The Mopar Filter ,,I Heard If You Use Another Brand They Could Void Your Warranty,,

just called my local dealership and the mopar filters retail for $8.50 each and told him i wanted to get about 5 of them and told him i bought the car from them and he said he would discount the filters to $7.50 each which would be cheaper than buying them thur the internet as their price is 3 for 19.00 plus shipping.and buying them from the dealership i know they are genuine parts from mopar.( never know about buying stuff off of the internet if it is real or knock offs) just my 2 cents worth

The oil filter on the Pentastar V6 is basically on top of the engine.

You access it thru the engine covers left rear corner.

also before you go looking for your transmission dipstick, there is none, has to be checked at the dealership.Dont even try looking for your battery. LOL

• 4 years later...

Use The Mopar Filter ,,I Heard If You Use Another Brand They Could Void Your Warranty,,

Its illegal for a manufacturer to void a warranty for not using OEM parts. Thats backed by federal law. You do however need to use a product that is equivalent in specifications. Also keeping records of oil changes and receipts for oil and filters used is important. One is the OEM filter that has a check valve can only be replaced with a filter with the same feature. I went to Auto Zone today. The guy behind the counter said a 2009 Nissan Rogue used 5-20 oil when it was new and at 50,000 miles you should switch to 5-30. He added every 50,000 you should increase oil weight. The Nissan Rogue used 5-30 from the factory so he was wrong. Don't listen to everybody when you look for service info. Look at a reputable website or printed materials and you will be fine. I have a 16 DJ for less then a week and at 3000 miles I will buy a 1/2 case of Mopar cartridge filters.