Chugs and then sometimes dies when coming to a stop

I bought a 2013 dodge journey from a dealership roughly a year ago.  Roughly 4 months later the battery swelled up turns out the alternator went bad. So brought it jn they fixed it.

Then I needed an oil change so much brother who is a mechanic changed it along with the filter which he said it's probably one of the worst filters he's changed.  After that I had noticed sometimes my journey would kinda chug when slowing down to stop. So he changed the spark plugs which were horrible completely rusted very bad like they had never been changed before. At first we thought this would help. Nope just keeps getting worse. To the point where if I can keep it going or let off the brake it sometimes is fine but recently after it did it I was able to turn it back on but every time I put it in drives dies immediately. So then I put fuel injector cleaner. Heet. All the small things first. When I hooked it up to code reader no codes. Brought it back in to the dealerships mechanic claims he couldn't feel anything it never did it once. He also got no codes. My brother thought maybe the solenoid for the took converter. Anyone have these problems and ever get it fixed.

1 hour ago, Nicolecolie said:

The miles when it started was 129000 now at exactly 131000. Engine size. I'm not sure right off hand but I did check out the other forum someone posted and we are going to do that. 

In the North American market there are only 2 sizes of engine. The L4 2.4 or the V6 3.6. Posting the engine size will also tell us here which transmission it will have for us here to offer more help.

• 1 month later...
On 5/3/2023 at 5:50 PM, tsteves5 said:

This does sound like the torque converter could be staying locked.  See this thread:

May I ask, I have a similar issue too. Coming to a stop it’s like a surge or jerk. The car may still run or just completely stall. It’s starts back up fine until it stalls again. Doesn’t happen every time but often too many. I also have an issue where the transmission slips into 3rd and 6th gear. I think the stalling was just results of the known slipping issue or at least part of it since I had no issues prior. Therefore my question being would this fix the slippage or would that just need a solenoid pack replacement? If I floor which I shouldn’t be in the times I have, it drives fine. No slippage or anything until cruising speeds.