2012 Dodge Journey R/T Brakes?

Finfam

i only use akebono brake pads which you can buy off amazon at a great price,and they are usa made and they also make the oem pads from what i was told,,also replace your calipers as well...i just replaced my pads and rotors off amazon these were what i used,,,they should be the same for your journey as well   https://akebonobrakes.mypartfinder.com will tell you as well what you need

Raybestos 780964 Advanced Technology Disc Brake Rotor

-18% $60.22,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Akebono ACT1589 Proact Ultra Premium Ceramic Disc Brake Pad kit , GREY

$73.74
Edited by 2late4u

According to rockauto.com listings for 2012 . they could be single piston front brake calipers, with different size pads than the "HEAVY DUTY"(which means it has TWO[double] PISTON front calipers. Also the rotors will be a larger diameterto work with the much larger size double piston front brakes. 

These parts do NOT intermix with each other, so be sure of what is on YOUR vehicle.

that is why i provided the arbano website as it does list both different size pads for that yr.......sorry i wasnt that clear on the info i provided, here is what they recommend as well..........act 1273  brf  brake code for the single piston,,, and act 1589  bre brake code for the dual piston   for some reason their website wont let me copy and paste that info

The 2011 brakes were undersized for the car - (Not that it was an issue, just that it caused excessive wear to the pads and rotors, resulting in rotor and brake pads need replaced at ~30k miles)
The 2012 brakes are the same, to my knowledge. 
There is upgrades available, but it means a swap of rotor, pads, Capiper, and caliper mounts: In my opinion, not worth it unless you're planning on hauling 2499lb worth of trailers down-hill both ways every single day.

I always just got the premium rotors and pads from Autozone. just went there, told them the year, make, model, and then got the most expensive one they had- usually was like 160 per rotor,

Just make sure you grease the slide-pins every time you have the brakes out... mine seized and cost a bundle to replace the caliper mounts

21 minutes ago, NavalLacrosse said:

The 2011 brakes were undersized for the car - (Not that it was an issue, just that it caused excessive wear to the pads and rotors, resulting in rotor and brake pads need replaced at ~30k miles)
The 2012 brakes are the same, to my knowledge. 
There is upgrades available, but it means a swap of rotor, pads, Capiper, and caliper mounts: In my opinion, not worth it unless you're planning on hauling 2499lb worth of trailers down-hill both ways every single day.

I always just got the premium rotors and pads from Autozone. just went there, told them the year, make, model, and then got the most expensive one they had- usually was like 160 per rotor,

Just make sure you grease the slide-pins every time you have the brakes out... mine seized and cost a bundle to replace the caliper mounts

OR you have a son that likes to try and activate the ABS on DRY pavement during HARD braking!.....Like MY son.   : )