7 years without brake change

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Locosiete said:

The way you drive will also effect how long they last.

I didn't drive the Journey any different than other of my vehicles that needed brake pad changes way earlier. I was amazed at the longevity of the pads. 

Edited by jkeaton

• 3 weeks later...

Hello:

I just had my Journey serviced.

They told me that the pads are still ok, but the front rotors are almost done. Should replace them by the summer.

It has 121,000KM currently so they should last close to 80,000 miles. Factory brakes still on 4 wheels.

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, Locosiete said:

Ok hate double posting but took front tire off today and man i honestly can't believe how well this pads are wearing! I have about 80,000 miles and these pads have probably another 80,000 on them. 

Pic of the front pads, prior post is for rear.

I know it kind of blends into itself but you can see there is still a large opening in the pad relief 

20220608_141605.jpg

yrs ago at around 70 k i ordered front and rear pads for my 2014 well when i went to replace them they didnt even look half wore out ( i should have stopped there) but thought well go ahead and replace them with the Wager thermoquiet pads i had bought, and as always i saved the old pads just in case as my father always said to do in case of a problem, well fast forward to around 120 k i wasnt happy with my brakes throwing so must dust and such so was going to replace them again and t i was surprised on how worn the Wagners were wore down, so i removed the rotors and had them turned and they were just about at the point of not being able to turn them according to the shop but they turned out okay, and i just replaced the front pads with my old OEM pads that i had saved, Man  a lot less dust and better braking as well.... WAGNER pads sure have went down hill as they use to be the gold standards, i only use Akabano pads now on my daughter's rural  mail vehicle as they are the ones that make the OEM pads as well and buying them off amazon is a GREAT deal compared to the local part stores.

• 5 weeks later...

well i finally broke down and replaced the rotors and pads this morning i am at around 129 k and i had previously replaced the oem pads with wagners and didnt like how much dust they were throwing so i had the old rotors turned ( really didnt like how they turned the rotors as they could only do 1 turn on them due to them be thin) and put on my old oem pads that almost looked new did this around 120 k ,,,wasnt having no real problems with this being done BUT just decided to do them right so bought some  Raybestos 780964 Advanced Technology Disc Brake Rotor amazon for $60 each and some new  Akebono ACT1589 Proact Ultra Premium Ceramic Disc Brake Pad kit , GREY around $74.  the old pads still looked like over half to three quarter pad left so i saved them in case of an emerg along with the old rotors as my father always said to do ....LOL  took it for a test drive, smooth as silk and stopping on a dime so i guess i am ready for the next 130k or more.

• 1 year later...
10 hours ago, Seanmio said:

Sitting at 235,000 miles on a 2013 and haven't needed to replace my pads and my serpentine belt still looks good.  I bought one 7 years ago to have it on hand.

I was surprised our 2016 at 90,000 miles still had plenty of pad life left. Such a change from the 2009 we had prior that needed new brakes every 15,000. Lol

8 minutes ago, jkeaton said:

I was surprised our 2016 at 90,000 miles still had plenty of pad life left. Such a change from the 2009 we had prior that needed new brakes every 15,000. Lol

I'm at 109k at the moment and still haven't had to touch them. The only real issue I've had is potholes knocking my alignment off.

13 hours ago, 14WhiteRTRallye said:

After 7 years and 61000 miles. The outside of the rotors and pads looked good. But the back of the rotors were ugly.

20210712_070246.jpg

20210712_070238.jpg

20210712_070228.jpg

Backside looks like only half the pad is making contact. I don't know if that is normal but if it is that is a huge waste of unused contact patch.

Also not sure if it's the lighting or dust but looks like some stress cracks. 

Edited by Locosiete
add info