The Journey is over, so to speak.

bramfrank

After 10 years and 2 extremely reliable Journeys I've traded in the Crossroad and taken delivery of an SUV from an Asian manufacturer.

I'm not deactivating my membership, and I will continue to post answers to questions when I feel it to be appropriate, but I won't be posting any new observations or comparisons between the old and the new vehicles.

I do still have a navigation (RB5) and a regular (RE2) radio sitting on my shelf.  Make offers - I have a lot of money in the RB5, and I know I am not going to get back what I spent, but lowballs will be ignored.

My winter wheels are listed on FB Marketplace in Montreal as well as Kijiji and Varagesale.

When all this is gone there will be nothing in my garage to remind me of my time with the DJ.  But there'll be this forum for the foreseeable future.

Happy Halloween to everyone.

Well, the knowledge you have gained and helped others with here with your long ownerships and membership here will not be forgotten and still looking forward to you "posting in" from time to time! Good luck with the new ride , and I hope it serves you well.

Congratulations….very good pun. I have had decent luck with Asian vehicles in general. At least your resale is up a lot with this market. Could you give a rough break down of the  maint you have done on the two vehicles. Just general info for site. Cheers good luck with purchase. 

Edited by John/Horace

LOL.... So much for brand loyalty and staying with a certain type LONG TERM(10yrs/2 DJ's & 8 yrs./2 DJ's)

I have had numerous and in constant use Caravans and T&C's for 28 straight years and all used with the last 2 being 04 models. Since they no longer make the minivan with the capabilities my OLD gen vans could handle, I got my current ride ('10 Lucerne cxl) for 2 grand and < $500 to "square away" all quirks/repairs. Bought a decent looking used trailer to do SOME of the carry/tow that my OLD vans could handily do. IF not for lack of towing capability of our '11 awd DJ, there'd be another in our drive instead of the Buick! At least my son plans on taking care of our DJ for LONG TERM use!

• 9 months later...
On 10/30/2021 at 10:11 AM, 5rebel9 said:

LOL.... So much for brand loyalty and staying with a certain type LONG TERM(10yrs/2 DJ's & 8 yrs./2 DJ's)

I have had numerous and in constant use Caravans and T&C's for 28 straight years and all used with the last 2 being 04 models. Since they no longer make the minivan with the capabilities my OLD gen vans could handle, I got my current ride ('10 Lucerne cxl) for 2 grand and < $500 to "square away" all quirks/repairs. Bought a decent looking used trailer to do SOME of the carry/tow that my OLD vans could handily do. IF not for lack of towing capability of our '11 awd DJ, there'd be another in our drive instead of the Buick! At least my son plans on taking care of our DJ for LONG TERM use!

I went to U-haul and had a trailer hitch installed for less than $400 on my '09 SXT; an option to keep in mind if you still have your '11.

6 hours ago, My Journey With DJ said:

I went to U-haul and had a trailer hitch installed for less than $400 on my '09 SXT; an option to keep in mind if you still have your '11.

My Lucerne is fine for the light towing I do. BUT the main towing use was for hauling my annual firewood loads , was WELL handled by my past Minivans being able to haul without troubles up to 4 face cord of firewood per load.I'm not comfortable to try and do similar with the Buick OR either Journey, and yes I have both at the same time. One for son ('11" and one for the wife ('14)

• 1 month later...
On 8/30/2022 at 5:52 AM, 5rebel9 said:

My Lucerne is fine for the light towing I do. BUT the main towing use was for hauling my annual firewood loads , was WELL handled by my past Minivans being able to haul without troubles up to 4 face cord of firewood per load.I'm not comfortable to try and do similar with the Buick OR either Journey, and yes I have both at the same time. One for son ('11" and one for the wife ('14)

I fully understand about the minivan. Before the Journey, I had a '99 Grand Caravan and used it often for cargo transport. On one occasion I fit 16 sheets of drywall inside it and on another, 25 bundles of roof shingles. It sat low on the axle with the shingles but I got them home (which was only a few miles from the store).

20 hours ago, My Journey With DJ said:

I fully understand about the minivan. Before the Journey, I had a '99 Grand Caravan and used it often for cargo transport. On one occasion I fit 16 sheets of drywall inside it and on another, 25 bundles of roof shingles. It sat low on the axle with the shingles but I got them home (which was only a few miles from the store).

YUP! The things I managed to load into my vans would astound folks, everything from 1.5 face cord of firewood to snowblower, riding lawn mower, rototiller, couches, recliner chairs, along with same as you post of!

My last van was also equipped with factory tow package with Nivomat self leveling rear shocks... was a veritable TANK! too bad body rust did it in!

In "my book" the last good year for the minivan was the 2005 model, I had 3 different '04's and loved them all, The last being my most favorite!

On 10/18/2022 at 6:34 AM, 5rebel9 said:

YUP! The things I managed to load into my vans would astound folks, everything from 1.5 face cord of firewood to snowblower, riding lawn mower, rototiller, couches, recliner chairs, along with same as you post of!

My last van was also equipped with factory tow package with Nivomat self leveling rear shocks... was a veritable TANK! too bad body rust did it in!

In "my book" the last good year for the minivan was the 2005 model, I had 3 different '04's and loved them all, The last being my most favorite!

We've had three different MoPar minivans - 93 & 2000 Chrysler T&Cs, and now have a 2010 Dodge GC.  My favorite was the 93.  Nicest vehicle I've ever owned.

• 1 month later...
On 10/18/2022 at 6:34 AM, 5rebel9 said:

If I could change one thing on my Journey it would be for the back end opening to be at least 48 inches wide. Those extra couple of inches would make a big difference when buying materials for home DIY repairs.