09 dodge journey wont drive at all

Robert clutton

hello last year my 2009 dodge journey had a minor accident as i let my son borrow my car he had hit some black ice and hit the ditch he lost drive but he had reverse and got the car home iv looked at it acd tested the car to figure out whats going on but cant then one day while backing it out of my garage i lost reverse now my car wont move in any gear  looking for helpful advice so i can fix my car and get back driving it before my son borrows another one of my cars .

So it’s been OK for a year?  How did you’re son get it home if it only had reverse, drive backwards?

If you suddenly now can’t drive it, first have it scanned with a professional scanner that can read all the systems, not just basic engine.  Go from there.  Sounds like the tranny is gone.

Edited by OhareFred

a buddy of mine my local auto body mechanic  said it could be a speed sensor on the rotors. he ran a diagnostics test on his little computer  and code reader  found a couple issues got them fixed . and  the   speed sensor on the rotors  i changed them all finally got reverse to work  but still no drive or any other gears . checked all fluids there ok lines don't show any damage or signs of leaking .   

26 minutes ago, Robert clutton said:

a buddy of mine my local auto body mechanic  said it could be a speed sensor on the rotors. he ran a diagnostics test on his little computer  and code reader  found a couple issues got them fixed . and  the   speed sensor on the rotors  i changed them all finally got reverse to work  but still no drive or any other gears . checked all fluids there ok lines don't show any damage or signs of leaking .   

So you've gone a year with NO FORWARD GEARS and just recently got reverse back AFTER some unspecified repair???

WHAT engine and is this FWD or AWD???\

Drop the trans oil pan and check for the filter having "popped out" of it's mounting into the valve body. It is the pick up point for fluid to pump thru the trans. It may pick up enough with it dislodged for REVERSE, but from experience NOT for forward gears. 

Hit a ditch a year ago and has not been driven since? Best to check for a damaged CV Joint may grab and hold for REVERSE but not forward gears.

NOT a whole lot of specific info given by you, so there are a large number of possibilities as to a fix of your trouble

12 hours ago, Robert clutton said:

awd 

So, an 09 model with AWD. That would mean a 3.5 motor and 6sp trans. From LACK of useful input given by you, I will have to agree with member/moderator jkeaton as to your BEST MOVE to take care of the situation.

GOOD LUCK!