Hello everyone!! New guy here! Spitz5.45

Spitz5.45

Just signed up as a new member, and wanted to introduce myself! Fist time joining a vehicle specific forum, and a first time Dodge owner! Just purchased a 2011 Dodge Journey Lux w 3.6L around December 2020 had 95k when bought, and has 102k now. I had major problems after buying, and it's been in the dealership for repairs much more than I would have thought, but luckily I bought an extended warranty, which paid for almost everything except for one visit..(long story) I just got it back after some pretty serious repairs: Now I have 4 new cams/rocker arms/cam phasers/etc. This was after my check engine light came on and I ran a diagnostic which gave me error code P0008 which is defined as the camshaft and crankshaft being out of sync. It took 3 separate trips to the dealership before they figured it out, but she runs like a champ now though, and I'm finally seeing some light at the end of the tunnel! Anyone else have a similar experience? 

Oh, yeah, my user name is Spitz5.45! Looking forward to getting to know some fellow Journey owners!! 

Edited by Spitz5.45
entered wrong user name in title

welcome to the group,glad it worked out on the repairs with the warranty, i had a 2011 main street traded it in at 70 k on my 2014 crossroad only problem i had on my 2011 was the undersized brake rotors so be aware of that with yours have 118 k on my crossroad but with this one i bought the lifetime warranty on it ,only had to use it 2 times so far and nothing serious...anyways make sure you do your sch maintenance on it and it should treat you right

19 hours ago, 2late4u said:

welcome to the group,glad it worked out on the repairs with the warranty, i had a 2011 main street traded it in at 70 k on my 2014 crossroad only problem i had on my 2011 was the undersized brake rotors so be aware of that with yours have 118 k on my crossroad but with this one i bought the lifetime warranty on it ,only had to use it 2 times so far and nothing serious...anyways make sure you do your sch maintenance on it and it should treat you right

Thanks! And that's interesting about the brake rotors! I had to replace my front rotors because they were completely shot,and had my steering wheel shaking like crazy! I had no idea that size was too small.. I just bought the recommended size when I purchase new ones from EBC brakes.. I also purchased my new brake pads from EBC as well. the green stuff pads. I haven't noticed any problems with them since installation and I just passed 1000 miles which is the break in time for the rotors and it stops on a dime now. hopefully I'll get my money's worth out of them I had no idea that would be the wrong size. thank you very much for the info. that's awesome that you got a lifetime warranty on it! you can't beat that with a stick! Well, I hope you don't run into any problems with your crossroad, and thanks again for the rotor tip!!!

Regards,

Spitz5.45