Electronics not working after being hit while parked

My wife parked our 2015 Dodge Journey and someone clipped her on the front left hand side with their side mirror. It dented the fender and cracked the battery. I changed the battery but afterward none of the electronics work (cruise control, ac, window washer on passenger side, anti skid) 

does anyone have a suggestion as to what I could look for and what is actually happening? 

I looked at all the fuses looked and electrical connections and reset what I could 

Thanks in advance 

That hit was a lot more than a mirror!  Was it a semi-trailer?

Cracked the battery?? You could have any number of electrical issues from that.  You could have crushed wiring in a loom, the under hood fuse box could be cracked, the battery cables could be damaged.  I don’t buy hit while parked with my mirror.  Hit while parked sure, but no way with a mirror.  If you have insurance you may want to make a claim (if it was hit/run) if not hit/run use the hitters insurance and go to a body shop….let us know what you do….

then make a claim against his insurance company since it was his fault,,did you replace the battery? i would recheck the cables to make sure they both are tight as well before i proceeded to do anything else.other wise it could be any of the things that Oharefred as mentioned

The car was fine, then after the hit it wasn’t 

I came here looking for some advice because no one could figure it out. 
after the hit the battery was leaking on the floor in the garage, the battery sits in that wheel well. 

the guy blamed my wife and yelled at her and the kids and freaked her out. I wasn’t there he threatened her with a law suit because he said she opened the door no damage to the door just the front fender

the car literally ran fine and was inspected 2 weeks prior (pa requires vehicle inspections) 

took it to a local mechanic that I trust and he doesn’t have any ideas on what is happened next step is the dealer

picture of the fender to show how much It was damaged would help, that said there are a lot of electrical connections on the drivers side, also the pcm (fuse box) has to make a good connection, so many things we could guess but that would be all we can do from here, sounds like you need a good lawyer as well the stores  lot where she was parked should have some surveillance cameras if its not to late to get info from them.. if its as she said and she wasnt moving then its his fault even if she was parked in a no parking zone get your ins invoked as it could get expensive the way you are handling it, good luck on whatever you do and keep us informed on what happens

so if the car engine runs, 

sounds like you need:

1) replace the battery - you said it was leaking, so it means it's probably low health. The dodge journey dislikes any battery that is less than %99 perfect condition, and will have issues if the battery is weak.)

2) assure the negative cable is tight on both ends. there was acid water splashed all around the battery compartment. who's to say some didn't corrode the cables, reducing the voltage.

3) make sure the battery thermal circuit isn't damaged (if the car can start itself, this part isn't damaged)

4) test alternator health (coincidence, but a failing alternator might be causing some of the issues)

5) make sure the mirror is replaced, and there is no short in there. maybe a pinched wire is sending the error to the BCM (doubtful)

PS, let your insurance company know what happened, and they'll sue his insurance on your behalf, and they'll sue for repairing the damage to the electrical system most likely will result in a dealership quote that might make them total the car. If you don't have insurance, take him to small claims and sue him directly for damages. (hopefully in the chaos, you or your wife was able to take photos of both cars and their orientations.)

Edited by NavalLacrosse